Figuring out calories burned

Options
Every morning I go to the gym and do the leg press, leg extension, leg curl, seated row, lat pull, tricep extension, and bicep curl. These exercises are all listed in the strength training portion of MFP. However, it does not list how many calories burned doing any of these exercises. I can't keep an accurate count of my calories burned because it always shows these exercises as burning zero calories. I've looked online and can't seem to find a site that can tell me how many calories I burn with these machines. Some sites want to know how long I've done each one, but I don't think that's accurate either, because the calories burned would depend on the sets, reps, and weight. Does anyone know a place I can go that will give me an accurate idea of how many calories are burned doing these exercises? It doesn't seem that MFP has the option to add in the amount of calories burned, either. It just puts in the sets, reps, and weight, without an option to put in your own amount of burned calories.

Replies

• maccabeth
    maccabeth Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Look under Cardio exercises for "Strength Training (weight training)" and enter the number of minutes you worked out. It will calculate your calories burned that way. Just FYI- it's not a lot! About 100 cals for 25 minutes or so.

HTH :)
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    You can:

1. Buy a heart rate monitor. This is going to give you a pretty accurate portrait of calories burned specifically for you.
    2. Look under the cardiovascular exercise portion. It will give some general counts for calories burned for various excercises.

Hope this helps!
  • futureredheadhottie
    Options
    In the cardio area you can put in weight lifting try that.