Make the perfect vampire movie

Options
Reckoner67
Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
So movies are constantly being remade anymore--what movie do you think should be remade, keeping the same basic story and plot points, but with vampires?

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    well i think pretty much any movie would become either absolutely hilarious or downright terrifying with vampires, so its hard to pick and choose.

top three for me though:

Titanic (mostly because of them being above running water the whole time technically)
    Batman (for the lulz and also because it'd be cool to see an insane Joker-pire)
    Predator (personal fave- because it'd be great to see the Predator hunting what he thought were humans and then the reveal that they're actually supernatural vampires and the Predator gets hunted instead)
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    well i think pretty much any movie would become either absolutely hilarious or downright terrifying with vampires, so its hard to pick and choose.

top three for me though:

Titanic (mostly because of them being above running water the whole time technically)
    Batman (for the lulz and also because it'd be cool to see an insane Joker-pire)
    Predator (personal fave- because it'd be great to see the Predator hunting what he thought were humans and then the reveal that they're actually supernatural vampires and the Predator gets hunted instead)

+++ for the Predator idea, that would be sweet!
  • iMago
    Options
    boys in the hood would become weird parody bc no one would actually die when they were shot, or the gang members could use wooden stakes instead of ak47

actually a bunch of violent movies would become pretty awesomely funny if it was vampires instead of people bc the eternal life thing kind of *kitten* up murder and whatnot. and it makes sense vampires would involved in gangs or mobsters bc they have to make money somehow for all eternity. reservoir dogs would be weird vampire movie.

well now i wanna see Inglourious B's with vampires.
    that's probably the only way they could have Christoph Waltz be more terrifying in that opening scene.
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    The director, producers, crew, everybody is vampries except the cast

The fear you see is *real*

It's a movie about vampires making a movie not-starring vampires
  • iMago
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »

i wanna see this, but its a remake of the movie "Shadow of the Vampire" for maximum meta.
  • Reckoner67
    Options

i wanna see this, but its a remake of the movie "Shadow of the Vampire" for maximum meta.

Well, it sounds like we have an Indiegogo ready to go!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking every cheesy romance and boring drama ever could benefit from a bit of blood sucking and staking
  • iMago
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I'm thinking every cheesy romance and boring drama ever could benefit from a bit of blood sucking and staking

The Notebook but it'd ruin the ending
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Mean Girls cuz it couldn’t get any worse
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Footloose
    ny843mhtqpxx.png
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Any Elvis Movie

jmz4x4r8suh7.png
  • iMago
    Options
    Mean Girls cuz it couldn’t get any worse

AdJVuHb.gif
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    Mean Girls would make excellent vampires, but what happens when the bookish-nerdy girl that they're mean to is actually concocting a potion her laboratory/dorm room to control, torture and kill them all?

(this was actually the plot of the first story I ever wrote to submit for publication)
    ((it was not accepted))
    (((it was not very good; in hindsight, I wouldn't have accepted it either)))
    ((((I keep saying I'll rewrite it someday but WHO CARES))))
  • iMago
    Options
    Mean Girls would make excellent vampires, but what happens when the bookish-nerdy girl that they're mean to is actually concocting a potion her laboratory/dorm room to control, torture and kill them all?

(this was actually the plot of the first story I ever wrote to submit for publication)
    ((it was not accepted))

i think it'd be better if the mean girls/vampires were actually the protagonists and the bookish-nerdy girl is the true villain of the story. like a natural continuation of the ending (book ending) to I Am Legend.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    So movies are constantly being remade anymore--what movie do you think should be remade, keeping the same basic story and plot points, but with vampires?

This is a little confusing to me, because if you have vampires in the movie it's going to change a lot about that movie.

For example, The Wizard of Oz. Say Dorthy was a vampire and just starts feeding on the munchkins. How, from a writing stand point, can you ignore that and continue the movie with the same basic story and plot points?
  • Reckoner67
    Options

((it was not accepted))

i think it'd be better if the mean girls/vampires were actually the protagonists and the bookish-nerdy girl is the true villain of the story. like a natural continuation of the ending (book ending) to I Am Legend.

That's 100% how I set it up; build sympathy for the girl gettin picked on til you realize just how cruel she is when the tables are turned.
  • iMago
    Options

((it was not accepted))

That's 100% how I set it up; build sympathy for the girl gettin picked on til you realize just how cruel she is when the tables are turned.

i wrote one years ago about a serial killer being tormented by asp moth caterpillars, which were actually the spirits of his victims, and now i wanna revisit that idea only he's a vampire now
  • Reckoner67
    Options

((it was not accepted))

i wrote one years ago about a serial killer being tormented by asp moth caterpillars, which were actually the spirits of his victims, and now i wanna revisit that idea only he's a vampire now

I mean, I'd read that

I got one about a dude who is gifted this alien slug/parasite thing and while he's coming to grips with his induction into this secret society that's just granted him immortality he realizes that the blackouts he's been having are where he's been killin people
  • iMago
    Options

((it was not accepted))

I mean, I'd read that

I got one about a dude who is gifted this alien slug/parasite thing and while he's coming to grips with his induction into this secret society that's just granted him immortality he realizes that the blackouts he's been having are where he's been killin people

you should read the Brian Lumley Necroscope series- the vampires in it aren't really supernatural, they're based on an alien/slug/leech lifeform than can infect people which i always thought was pretty original, but the main protagonist is a human with psychic abilities who talks to the dead and eventually gains a bunch of other abilities including teleportation.
  • Reckoner67
    Options

((it was not accepted))

kinda like the craft only vampires instead of witches

SORTA maybe? Witches are a whole nother story though, I feel like I have a few with witches too