Enlightened Ice Cream

Options
This seems to be the new kid on the block in the low carb ice cream game. So far I'm hearing good things about it. Anyone tried it? I've got my eye on the marshmallow peanut butter.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I've tried the red velvet ice cream bars and found them delicious. I don't buy them that often though because they're expensive and rarely go on sale.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    echmain3 wrote: »
    Any food with the word “enlightened” in the name is probably trash.

That seems rather judgy! LOL
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Look in the "new products that caught your eye" thread. They have posted tons of reviews on every flavor!

Thanks!
  • ultra_violets
    Options

It's no dumber than Skinny Cow. Which is full of sugar, by the way.

Scandalous.

It is if you're diabetic.
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Just looked this up- Yikes! That Skinny Cow Protein bar has 60 grams of sugar! Is it even worth it at that point?
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    This seems to be the new kid on the block in the low carb ice cream game. So far I'm hearing good things about it. Anyone tried it? I've got my eye on the marshmallow peanut butter.

The best of the "diet" ice creams. I love Marshmallow Peanut Butter!
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Apparently Skinny Cow has a "No Sugar Added" version that has only 5 grams of sugar.

https://www.skinnycow.com/products/frozen-treats/sandwiches/no-sugar-added-vanilla-gone-wild/

Personally, I prefer Halo Top ice cream.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I prefer Yasso over Enlighted. I would recommend letting them sit out for about 5 minutes. It helps soften them up and makes them more tasteful.

My favorite thing is to chop them up in a bowl until they become soft and not crumbly because I have no patience even though it probably takes just as long to chop as it does to just wait.
  • ultra_violets
    Options

The best of the "diet" ice creams. I love Marshmallow Peanut Butter!

I'm so getting some this weekend. I'm excited. I haven't had ice cream in four months!
  • ultra_violets
    Options

Just looked this up- Yikes! That Skinny Cow Protein bar has 60 grams of sugar! Is it even worth it at that point?

Don't you love it when they give you the "cane sugar", like that's somehow better?
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Yasso is super good. My husband and I love their fudge and peanut butter cup bars!
  • nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have been eating the Enlightened fudge bar at night. 70 calories, 3g of sugar. It is not bad,
  • ultra_violets
    Options
    Yasso is super good. My husband and I love their fudge and peanut butter cup bars!

I'm not sure if this has come to my area yet but I'm going to look for it!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I haven’t been a fan of the ones I have tried. Most things I am patient with but I want to be able to eat ice cream right out of the freezer and the enlightened ones have been not the best texture wise for that. Going to try a couple other flavors. I am picky with diet ice cream and only end up like certain flavors while others from the same brand don’t tend to like.