Cutting or bulking?

Options
CsCamachoV
CsCamachoV Posts: 12 Member
Height: 185cm
Weight: 75kg

I hope you all are having a great time, I have been thinking this for months, I know that I have fat, but every time that I cut, I also lose muscle, even if I do weightlifting and calisthenics 5 days per week (using HeriaPro), my macros are:
C: 45% P: 30% F: 25%
Currently 2450 calories

16kg lost in 8 months

Should I start bulking first or keep cutting?

4bmicxxgj85c.jpg

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    How are you judging that you lose muscle while cutting and how much?
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    CsCamachoV wrote: »

I hope you all are having a great time, I have been thinking this for months, I know that I have fat, but every time that I cut, I also lose muscle, even if I do weightlifting and calisthenics 5 days per week (using HeriaPro), my macros are:
    Currently 2450 calories

16kg lost in 8 months

4bmicxxgj85c.jpg

What are your goals? If they are calisthenics based then lighter and leaner is usually better. Is HeriaPro a program by Chris Heria? How do you like it?
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Cut to 10 to 15 % bf then bulk. It's summer
  • CsCamachoV
    Options

Currently 2450 calories

16kg lost in 8 months

4bmicxxgj85c.jpg

What are your goals? If they are calisthenics based then lighter and leaner is usually better. Is HeriaPro a program by Chris Heria? How do you like it?

My goal is to get a functional body, I want to be able to do L sit hold longer, full planche, all those calisthenics exercises, yes, HeriaPro by Chris Heria, actually I would like to have a body like him, shredded but not so big, thats the kind of body that I am looking for
  • CsCamachoV
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

Everytime I lose weight (mainly fat obviously), my arms and legs look skinnier, the opposite with my back, it never stops getting shredded
  • CsCamachoV
    Options
    moogie_fit wrote: »
    Cut to 10 to 15 % bf then bulk. It's summer

The problem is that I have no way to check my body fat with precision, by the way, do you know a "clean" way to bulk? Like macros percentage or sth like that
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

Everytime I lose weight (mainly fat obviously), my arms and legs look skinnier, the opposite with my back, it never stops getting shredded

That sounds like a guess or assumption that you have lost muscle then, not wise to make decisions based on guesswork.

Cut if you want to be leaner and lighter, bulk if you want to be bigger but probably (for a while) less lean.
    Alternatively don't cut or bulk - just train while maintaining weight.

Lean bulk is a clearer description than "clean bulk" which confuses people that it's about macros or types of food - it isn't. It's about the size of your calorie surplus/rate of weight gain relative to the rate at which you can gain muscle. Your food/macros should obviously give you an overall healthy diet and higher protein is sensible for someone training hard but it's an energy surplus (calories) that leads to the addition of body fat.
  • mom23mangos
    Options

Currently 2450 calories

16kg lost in 8 months

4bmicxxgj85c.jpg

My goal is to get a functional body, I want to be able to do L sit hold longer, full planche, all those calisthenics exercises, yes, HeriaPro by Chris Heria, actually I would like to have a body like him, shredded but not so big, thats the kind of body that I am looking for

I would continue to cut with a small surplus then. The leaner you are, the easier achieving those goals will be. Chris probably has a bit more mass than you do, but you look like you have already have a pretty decent muscle base yourself. By the time you shred out, you’ll probably be closer to Osvaldo Lugones’ physique.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options

Currently 2450 calories

16kg lost in 8 months

4bmicxxgj85c.jpg

I would continue to cut with a small surplus then. The leaner you are, the easier achieving those goals will be. Chris probably has a bit more mass than you do, but you look like you have already have a pretty decent muscle base yourself. By the time you shred out, you’ll probably be closer to Osvaldo Lugones’ physique.

What does this mean? Cut with a surplus what?
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    alexmose wrote: »

Currently 2450 calories

16kg lost in 8 months

4bmicxxgj85c.jpg

What does this mean? Cut with a surplus what?

So sorry. That was a typo. Small deficit is what I meant. I apologize for the confusion.