Gross question (can’t believe I am asking this)

Options
Okay so I weighed myself and I was 85 kgs. Then I, um, pooped, and immediately weighed myself again. 84.7 kgs. Can I really drop 0.3 kgs - that’s 2/3 of a pound! - just from pooping? Talk about a win!

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Yes. Go drink 8 ounces of water and go weigh yourself. You might be a little heavier now.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Sure. Our body weight fluctuates several pounds a day by how much water and other foodstuff is in our system. Feces (like most foods) is mostly made up of water. So that plus urinating can change the scale quite a bit. Plus scales also round to the nearest .1kg, so your difference could be as little as .21kg due to rounding.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Yes, your poop weighted 300 grams. About right for an average poop :wink:
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Not sure why this is a shock?! That's why scale weight fluctuates. If you dont' poop tomorrow, your weight might go up, so be prepared.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Okay so I weighed myself and I was 85 kgs. Then I, um, pooped, and immediately weighed myself again. 84.7 kgs. Can I really drop 0.3 kgs - that’s 2/3 of a pound! - just from pooping? Talk about a win!

I once weighed myself, ate breakfast, waited a few hours, ate lunch and a snack...waited a few more hours, pooped and then weighed myself...lost 2 pounds.
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    totally possible More is possible as well asI know from experience
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

I once weighed myself, ate breakfast, waited a few hours, ate lunch and a snack...waited a few more hours, pooped and then weighed myself...lost 2 pounds.

Must've been the Oreos.
  • kodonalinky
    kodonalinky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a constipation problem and after I’d been taking some stool softener, I lost at LEAST 1.2 lbs of crap in one trip to the toilet lol. That’s from my morning weight, not counting all the fluids and food I’d eaten during the day which had likely added onto my weight at the time — it was probably more.
    Fluids and food add on, too. It’s why I weigh myself first thing in the morning, after I use the bathroom and before I take even a sip of water.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Must've been the Oreos.

Pretty sure that was the aforementioned snack, yes.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    There was someone who posted a while back. He was frustrated the scale wasn’t moving south. Shared how after taking a turd he weighed more. Don’t know if he was joking or is the Rodney Dangerfield of weight loss. Haven’t seen him since so he may have been trying to pull our legs.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you are asking that either OP - not because the question is gross but because the answer is obvious.

Obviously our weight goes up and down by a pound or so as things go in and out - food, drink, urine, faeces.

Not sure how anyone would see that as a win rather just an obvious fact of life.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Only 300 grams?
  • lemonwater1
    lemonwater1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha! My husband uses mfp too and he likes to update me each morning on how much he lost after his BM 😑
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    It does happen lol. Your weight fluctuates SO much throughout the day, so this is completely normal.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I remember years ago, before I had a weight problem and when digital scales were brand new; I weighed after everything: bodily functions (incl gas--ahem); eating, drinking, putting on layers of clothes, etc. I was so enthralled that I could actually see my weight go up and down in increments of pounds! Nerd, I know.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    My dad gets a kick out of weighing himself before and after using the bathroom sometimes. I think his record was around losing 4 pounds.