Ww vs MFP

Options
So I’ve been back and forth between WW and MFP for a long time here. A long time ago I lost 90 lbs on Ww then again lost 10 more on top of it.

The new programs don’t seem to be working for me at all. I don’t know if just tracking CICO is what I need now that I’m down to this point (gained about 15 back in the last few years)...

Anyone else who doesn’t have a lot to lose having trouble with the new Ww?

Thoughts?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Yep. I'm with bpetrosky.

That last 15 pounds took me nine months, and I had to be really vigilant. I was hungry for that whole time and had quite a difficult time sticking to a calorie goal.

I used a food scale. I logged my food.
    I prepared 13 out of 14 meals per week on most weeks.
    I set a small deficit. About 250 calories per day.
    I exercised 4-5 times per week so I could eat enough, and always ate the calories earned.

It was a slog. I made it and I've been maintaining for years, but I still make most of my meals and I still use a food scale and I weigh myself AND I still get some purposeful exercise 4-5 days per week.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    I thought WW was great back in the 90s but now that there are free tools like MFP I don't see the point in paying for WW, plus I don't like the way WW goes through cycles of demonizing types of foods / macros.