Belts

Options
Samm471
Samm471 Posts: 432 Member
Can anyone recommend a decent belt for deadlifts and squats? Mainly for my heavy sets not for any type of back support while lifting before anyone mentions it. I was told the same length all the way round are good and single pronged belts are easier to get on and off as oppose to double prong. Difference between a wider backed belt then same size belt all the way around?

TIA!!

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Belts are a matter of personal preference. I personally like my Inzer Forever lever belt for reasons, others will recommend single or double prong. As far as width of the belt, that will depend what your midsection and perhaps what the size of your lats are like. For me, I have a relatively narrow waist and decent taper in my lats — a wider belt over 4” wide didn’t accommodate me very well when I tried a wider belt. (Rogue 6”
    Powerlifting belt). As far as length, when I called the rep to consult on my belt, I was recommended to go the size up, which gives me a good amount of overlap in the belt providing a good fit, and an extra 10mm thickness over my midsection (which is one of the reasons I prefer lever belts).

If you’re not a National Level competitive powerlifter, don’t worry about brand too much. However, just like a good barbell, the more you spend on a belt, the better quality and performance it will provide.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I actually use 2 belts, 4" Inzer lever belt for squatting and others. My 3" single prong Dominion for deadlifts. I would stick with 3 or 4" same width belts. Don't waste money on a cheap nylon belt, get leather.