Studying Computer Science/IT in Australia

Options
j_c_29
j_c_29 Posts: 25 Member
For anyone who has knowledge on studying a Bachelors of computer science or IT in australia, could you give me advice on which universities are the best? A list of a few great universities would be great. I am aware if the Group of 8 universities, but I was hoping there might be a hidden gem university for computer science/IT. Things that could be considered are costs, atmosphere of the uni, employability upon graduation, facilities available, quality of teaching, how well students can develop their skills, method of teaching used(is it more practical or more theoretical?). Thanks everyone!

Replies

• j_c_29
    j_c_29 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    j_c_29 wrote: »
    For anyone who has knowledge on studying a Bachelors of computer science or IT in australia, could you give me advice on which universities are the best? A list of a few great universities would be great. I am aware if the Group of 8 universities, but I was hoping there might be a hidden gem university for computer science/IT. Things that could be considered are costs, atmosphere of the uni, employability upon graduation, facilities available, quality of teaching, how well students can develop their skills, method of teaching used(is it more practical or more theoretical?). Thanks everyone!

You can include the Go8 universities in the list if you truly feel that they are deservant to be on the list
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,884 Member
    Options
    It depends, I'm in Victoria. I think unis like Swinburne, VU place more of a focus on practical skills..others like Monash and Uni of Melbourne are more theory. From what I understand CS is a pretty broad degree... I would suggest doing something like Cyber Security or a double degree if you want better employment prospects. I didn't do IT at uni though so I'm not really so sure, this is what I've heard from others.