What would you give up for 30 days?

Options
What food or drink would you be willing to give up for 30 days to see if it makes a difference in your weight loss?

I have recently decided to give up beer for 30 days :drinker: , :noway:

Replies

• 36Frieda
    36Frieda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Candy. I used to have a huge sweet tooth but once I hit my 40th (years not pounds) it went away.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    I recently gave up processed sugar. I'm about 4 weeks in and doing fine.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    The most difficult would be grains and alcohol. I do a pretty good job of regulating grains but I have probably slowed my weight loss down in the past month due to alcohol.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I do all my food challenges in 30 day increments.

I started with

for 30 days I will only drink alcohol on Fri/Sat (no limit on how much- just when)

then it was no bacon egg and cheese bagels for 30 days

then it was - wheats breads and grains for 30 days

then processed sugar for 30 days (HARD)

Then almost all sugar entirely for 30 days.

I do not stick to these after 30 days but merely challenge myself to achomplish the task for 30 days.

Mostly when I do this- I find I create a good habit- and it sticks- so now I'm down in alcohol- I eat no bacon/egg/cheese bagels (like I've had 2 this year maybe and I don't eat half the bread) I don't eat sugar- and I rarely eat bread- like maybe 2x a month.

Shrug- it's food- it's not good or bad I do it more for discipline reasons.
  • mominstands
    mominstands Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I do all my food challenges in 30 day increments.

I started with

for 30 days I will only drink alcohol on Fri/Sat (no limit on how much- just when)

Shrug- it's food- it's not good or bad I do it more for discipline reasons.

That is what mine is for is discipline reasons..........beer is my bad habit. Or should we say one of them.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If it was for a contest and some sort of prize were involved, I think I could give up anything for 30 days. But just to see if it made me lose more weight, I'd only try something I didn't care to give up forever. I mean I could give up wine, but if I dropped 5 lbs in that 30 days, what then? 5 lbs isn't worth a life without wine to me, so what was the point?
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I will give up eating more calories than I burn in a day! I'll do it for more than 30 days though.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I really don't think there's anything I'd have trouble giving up for 30 days. The only things I can think of are whole categories of food like carbs, or dairy... eff that.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I really don't think there's anything I'd have trouble giving up for 30 days. The only things I can think of are whole categories of food like carbs, or dairy... eff that.

I'd tend to agree. I could give up a single item for 30 days without too much of an issue, but not a whole category.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    i had to do that with chocolate....now I eat it in moderation.

But now what would I give up...well recently I switch from 10% cream to 5%...big step for me.

I no longer use sugar in my coffee (unless I don't have my substiute) xylitol

I am not a big drinker....not a big bread eater...nor pasta...hmmm

for 30 days I would give up....eating out period. As long as it's in April cause April has easter and no other special days for me...hehe
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If I thought it would make a difference, then I would give something up. But facts are facts, and what matters is actually nutrients and total energy.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I gave up pizza for THREE MONTHS! but that was because I was in China without an oven. Can't buy good stuff and can't make it. It was awful: I STILL have nightmares of the withdrawals :embarassed: .

The day I got back, I ate 1 large pepperoni bacon pizza all by myself (over the day). I still have a pic in my phone of it's cheesy goodness :love:
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    If it was for a contest and some sort of prize were involved, I think I could give up anything for 30 days. But just to see if it made me lose more weight, I'd only try something I didn't care to give up forever. I mean I could give up wine, but if I dropped 5 lbs in that 30 days, what then? 5 lbs isn't worth a life without wine to me, so what was the point?

I heart you lol. Life without wine just isn't worth living! After a long heart to heart with myself, I did relegate it to Fri-Sun (and only 1 glass on Sundays), holidays and vacations.