Has anyone tried intermittent fasting?

Options
I recently found out about it and I'm going to try the 16/8 fast for at least two weeks: 16 hours fasting, 8 hours for eating. What do you think about this idea? Did you try it? Did you have any success?

Replies

• toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I recently found out about it and I'm going to try the 16/8 fast for at least two weeks: 16 hours fasting, 8 hours for eating. What do you think about this idea? Did you try it? Did you have any success?

There's an IF group. I did another form, Fast 5. It worked for me, but I didn't have energy and am going to try another version.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/599982-intermittent-fasting-faq
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I don't follow any type of schedule, but I do throw a day or two a week of IF in my routine, usually a Wednesday and or Sunday. Not doing it today because the archery elk hunt starts Saturday, and that means that every day I'm on the mountain is an IF day out of necessity.

Rigger
  • xxmellsbellsxx
    xxmellsbellsxx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just discovered this type of dieting today and after watching a lot of "fastingtwins" video's on youtube (those guys quite annoying but they are full of good advice) I've decided to give it a go starting tomorrow. I'm planning to have my 8hr eating gap from 1-9pm as I am usually a late eater. I have only just started counting calories on mfp and I have to say I'm becoming addicted to it! I accidently skipped lunch today and after finishing dinner at 9pm I didn't eat my allowance of calories for today and mfp is telling me I haven't eaten enough. I am just wondering if it's going to be difficult being able to eat all my calories in that timeframe? I don't want to eat calorie laden food and I don't want to stuff my face if I'm not hungry just so I can eat my calorie allowance for the day. Any thoughs from anyone else doing this?
  • Sarahloulalou
    Sarahloulalou Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I tried it. I have seen on another forum I go on lots of success but most of them do 5:2 or 5:3 eating 500cals on their fasting days, there's lots of ways of doing it, I think you just need to find the right balance for you so that you don't end up binging on non fasting days (like I did) :ohwell:
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I naturally have done it for years. Recently I found out it was an actual thing that people followed.
    I eat breakfast and a huge lunch during the week and that's it for the day. I drink water and feel very satisfied till I wake up for breakfast the next morning.
    On week-ends, we usually go out to dinner so I eat breakfast, then dinner at night. I drink lots of water.
    I really feel my body needs and wants and loves that one huge meal.
    It's been working for me. As long as I get in my calories (and exercise calories) I'm good.