Cutting anything out of your life?

Options
2»

Replies

• johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to cut out potato chips / chips in general. I used to buy Jalapeño chips all the time and Kettle Chips (salt & pepper). I just can't put them down after a few chips.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I've not cut anything out, I've reduced my intake of grains (bread etc....) because it makes me binge, eating less sugar stuff and reduced my alcohol intake.
    But if I eat any of those it doesn't make an ounce of difference. No allowed guilt here.
  • pzacher68
    pzacher68 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I cut out diet soda. I also mae homebrewed beer, although I haven't cut it out entirely, I have cut WAY back on my beer drinking.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    ive cut out a lot i think., any kind of desert, chips, candy, regular soda, fast food, i limited pasta and other carbs, i very seldom drink alcohol.
    And when anything is offered i dont say "i cant have that" i say "i dont eat/drink that" then it doesnt make me feel like im giving up something that i want.

i also cut out guilt, shame, and excuses.

You forgot to add.......fun, life, enjoyment, mental sanity to your list. Man that's restrictive.

I cut out Brown rice and cauliflower because, Bleh!!!!

lol i dont look at it like that, my fun doesnt revolve around food, i still have a life and i enjoy it. and as far as i know i have my mental sanity, but then again i might be too far gone to know the difference. haha
    for myself i kinda have to cut these types of things out, because i havent found that "healthy balance" of being able to have them in moderation. i go way to far if i have those things, so instead for now they are just totally gone until i have better control.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out, but I have definitely cut back... I'm not quite a IIFYM member due to medical issues, but I don't believe in cutting things totally out so I can live a life with less guilt and bitterness!!
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    No, I call it delicious substitutions. Example: juicy pear instead of pastry etc. New tasty choices I look forward to eating. Fish or grilled chicken instead of fried meat.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I didn't cut anything out during weight loss but I'm now in maintenance and have switched to a whole foods, plant based diet. I've cut out meat, dairy, eggs, and other things that don't fall under the 'whole foods' umbrella. Loving the way I eat now and I have no regrets for deciding to go in this direction.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I aim for gourmet/healthy, but will lightly consume anything that keeps me on track:happy:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I cut over eating out of my diet, mostly.
  • frannie_h20
    frannie_h20 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out any foods but I do make more sensible choices so that I'm never hungry despite eating less calories than I used to. I'm not a nice hungry person. I have stopped drinking any alcohol during the week though.
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Have cut out takeaway pizza. My pores feel better for it.
  • weavemyway
    weavemyway Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    No soda. I've cut my beer consumption wayyyy down. I try not to eat chips, pizza, and fried food because I go OVERBOARD. But I will indulge once in a while. Can't buy the stuff though, it'll be gone before I even get home!
  • _DreDay_
    _DreDay_ Posts: 40
    Options
    I cut over eating out of my diet, mostly.

^^This. If anything.
  • organic0gf
    organic0gf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yes, the last several years have turned myself into a figment of your imagination.

I quit drinking, smoking, soda, coffee, gluten, dairy, soy, and inflammatory and processed foods. Life is frickin boring. :sad:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    10 years ago I cut processed food back tremendously, and cut beer, white flour and sugar out. Best decision I ever made. I've been in maintenance for 10 years.
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Just stuff I don't like and processed/pre-packaged food.I allow myself to go to a restaurant now and then, but mostly, if I didn't cook it from scratch, I don't eat it.
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting back on....

1. My morning cup of coffee. I only have coffee 2 or 3 times a week. I realized that I was making coffee in the morning out of "habit"... DUH... what I mean, the habit of making coffee, not the habit of drinking it. I was throwing away a lot of coffee, so now I only have it when I crave it.

2. My evening beer/wine/cocktail. This one takes a little bit more self control, I must admit. Not that I need a ber/glass of wine/cocktail, but I like how they make me feel. Dangerous territory!.... So now I only indulge 2 or 3 times a week. I am trying to save that "treat" for the weekend.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    if I didn't cook it from scratch, I don't eat it.

I like that, definitely makes it so you know exactly what you're putting in your body