Where to start

29 year old, getting out of the army soon, I have a lot more downtime to myself bc of it. On the skinny side, trying to bulk and show definition in my upper body. How and where would I start? I’m talkin diets, work out schedules, cardio, all that. Thanks in advance 👌🏾

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited April 2019
    Eat at a calorie surplus. For starters, I suggest 500 calories a day more than you burn. This requires you to know your daily burn.

Buy a Garmin or some other device measuring your activity and exercise for calories burned.

Start a barbell weightlifting program. I suggest Stronglifts 5x5.

Read a lot about fitness, health and nutrition. Avoid quick solutions, they don’t work. Avoid protein and weight gain products. Eat real foods in hungry-man quantities. Sleep well and skip the booze and smokes.

Enjoy your leanness and youth because one day, quicker than you might imagine, they’ll be gone.

From one veteran, pobably old enough to be your grandpa, to another soon to be a veteran, thank you for your service to our country.
  • wheatbaby84
    wheatbaby84 Posts: 46 Member
    Thank you for serving our country! Being in the AF is where I gained my weight. It was getting out that f’ed me up! Lost all the weight! Smh!