Green Tea

Options
Terytha
Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
Japan ruined me. I can't find a decent brand of green tea anywhere. Anyone drink green tea and can make some recommendations? I prefer matcha over leaf.

It's getting burdensome to keep calorie-budgeting for a double double. They are so high calorie, I never really thought about it. And I don't need the caffeine, it's the hot drink that wakes me up.

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Well... I import my tea directly from Japan via a friend, so no help there.

Have you checked if there is a specialized tea shop any where near you? The usually have higher grade teas than supermarkets. Then it's just a matter of learning to brew it to your preference. The shop clerks in those kinds of shops are usually pretty knowledgeable and can also help with that.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I order looseleaf from Adagio .com. I don't drink matcha though, but I know they offer it. It came highly recommended and I enjoy their teas, but to be fair I'm only comparing it to what I could previously find in the supermarket!
  • avlucia
    avlucia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This is a local lady I get all of my tea from. I LOVE her stuff. I regularly visit my local farmers market to pick up more from her. I've never had matcha but I did see it listed on her website. Obviously she ships.

http://www.teajutsu.com/store/c13/green.html
  • annshandle
    annshandle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I also love Adiago teas, but I've never had their green tea.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Japan ruined me. I can't find a decent brand of green tea anywhere. Anyone drink green tea and can make some recommendations? I prefer matcha over leaf.

It's getting burdensome to keep calorie-budgeting for a double double. They are so high calorie, I never really thought about it. And I don't need the caffeine, it's the hot drink that wakes me up.

If you just want a hot drink, water is zero calorie and can be enjoyed at any temp that pleases you.
    Probably, you want more than a hot drink I guess, because of your concern about the calories in a double double.

How many calories are in this drink that worries you? Maybe it isn't so much in relation to the total you'll consume for the day. I"d look for a guilt -free way to enjoy what you like. Maybe a smaller portion. Does it come as a single single?
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I mean. A single single is disgusting. My enjoyment of coffee (at least in restaurants) is because of the cream and sugar. Similarly hot water would also be disgusting. I barely tolerate cold water. I'm not so desperate for a hot drink that I'm going to have something gross.

Which is why I'm looking for a good brand of tea, because its delicious. If I lived somewhere where I could get a proper cup of coffee, it wouldn't be an issue.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I mean. A single single is disgusting. My enjoyment of coffee (at least in restaurants) is because of the cream and sugar. Similarly hot water would also be disgusting. I barely tolerate cold water. I'm not so desperate for a hot drink that I'm going to have something gross.

Which is why I'm looking for a good brand of tea, because its delicious. If I lived somewhere where I could get a proper cup of coffee, it wouldn't be an issue.

I was ruined for green tea too after Japan. So now I just buy it from Japan! I found this brand to be the most rich and pure. The smell is amazing, the taste is very smooth. I love it.

They even sell on Amazon!

vw8ck9w7bt46.jpeg