Mommy's Cellulite Success Stories/Improvement

mkm81
mkm81 Posts: 34 Member
Hi All - I am getting back on track again today for the 100th time. I had lost over 90 lbs about 15 years ago and then slowly gained and then lost the same 20lbs over and again. Then had 2 children in 3 years and stopped working out completely. Now, my body is in the worst shape it's ever been in... cellulite, stretch marks, and loss of muscle tone. You can imagine...

I'd love to see some success stories from folks who have battled back after having kids and essentially starting over from a fitness level. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• chelseayadron
    chelseayadron Posts: 9 Member
    I had two kids back to back-latest one in June of 2018. I started doing kettlebell workouts with HASFit on YouTube. They are pretty quick and I did them while the kids napped, before they woke up for the day or after they went to bed. I’m now in better shape than I’ve been even when I was younger and at a lower weight(lower weight doesn’t equal being fit!)

In regards to your question about cellulite, strength training with the kettlebells and a healthy diet has significantly reduced it to the point where I hardly notice it unless I’m really looking for it! With that said, you’ve had babies and there isn’t any shame in cellulite-most women have it, even the skinniest among us :)

Good luck!
  • mkm81
    mkm81 Posts: 34 Member
    Thanks ladies! I used to do kettlebells, so just need to get swinging again!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Even at my leanest, I have some cellulite.. but it has definitely improved with strength training and muscle building, and leaning down. It seems to get worse during and after pregnancy and when my bodyfat is higher.
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    I don't usually get much cellulite, even when over weight, but after my third baby at 10lbs overweight I had it and it looked terribl. I've now lost 10lbs doing a lot of slow cardio, walki g with baby, and lots of short bursts of kettle bells. I also follow hasfit on you tube and fitness blender. I also do body brushing in the shower, most studies cite that as more effective than creams and even weight loss soneti es.
  • f1tforever
    f1tforever Posts: 39 Member
    Cellulite looks way better after strength training, stretch marks have faded into white/silver lines. Add some weights to your workout routine - even if it’s at home with the babies - you will feel and look much better !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!