Setting a goal weight

Options
Hi, is there a way to set a goal weight/by date on the app. In the goal section you can only select how much do you want to lose per week, but i would like to set my goal as: I want to lose this much weight by this specific date.
Thanks!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Hi, is there a way to set a goal weight/by date on the app. In the goal section you can only select how much do you want to lose per week, but i would like to set my goal as: I want to lose this much weight by this specific date.
    Thanks!

How many lbs down its your goal weight, and how many weeks away is that? do that little bit of math to pick your weekly weight loss goal, but keep in mind that:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    There is not a way to do that in the free app. I do not know about the paid version of the app, as I have never paid for the app.

If not, can you set a reminder on your phone calendar?
  • asliceofjackie
    asliceofjackie Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You can always calculate the rate yourself and set it in the app.

Example:
    • If you want to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks, that's 1lbs per week so set that as your setting.
    • If you want to lose 10 pounds in 5 weeks, that's 2 lbs per week so set that as your setting.

It's a bit of a workaround, but as long as you want to lose weight at a decent rate, the option should be within reason available in the app.