Can I boost calories

Options
Hi can I have a shake to help boost my calories of a evening it gets to about 5.30 and I’m still short of my goal

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    Sure, if you are below your calories you can have a shake, peanut butter, cheese, whatever you like.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Don't forget ice cream and brownies!

Yes, you can have whatever you want to get to your goal.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    you can also eat much later than 5:30, meal timing doesn't matter for weight loss
  • kpaing121
    kpaing121 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I will do that I’m not worried just going over my carbs so I will take on board your advice thks girls x
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    you`ve posted a few times about having trouble eating 1200 calories a day, definitely DO NOT set a cut off time if you have a history of not eating all your calories.

choose foods that are more calorie dense if eating is a problem.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    kpaing121 wrote: »
    I will do that I’m not worried just going over my carbs so I will take on board your advice thks girls x

Going over your carbs won't cause you to not lose weight - only going over your calories will cause you to not lose weight.

Carbs have gotten a bad rap in the media and social media lately, but if you look at studies, macros of diets do not matter for weight loss long term.
  • kpaing121
    Options
    Thank you I will not worry so much about carbs now
  • kpaing121
    Options
    Thanks panini I’ve wrote the list down
  • kpaing121
    Options
    Did not realise I could have half of that lot it helps a lot thank you for your help girls really appreciated