When will my weight go back to normal after binging?

Options
When I say binge, I mean massive binges for about a week of about 5000 calories a day (I know this is unhealthy, I am trying to fix my relationship with food) but I was just wondering if I go back to eating normally (about 1500-1800 calories a day, how long until I return to my pre-binge weight roughly?

Replies

• cheyeneinthesprings
    cheyeneinthesprings Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with this too off an on. You might try a different logging approach and try to figure out triggers and reasons why you binge...Maybe try a food photo app with a journal option like "You Food" or "Ate." Instead of concerning yourself with numbers, you can reflect on when, where, and why you are eating like you do.
  • FindingLaurie
    FindingLaurie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    For me, it tends to be about a week to 10 days for my weight to get back to where it was after such an episode.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Just posted a short video on this topic at our Intermittent Fasting group that some here might find informative. Here's the link if you're interested:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10740226/overnight-weight-gain-one-day-binge-weight-gain#latest
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    In your other post you haven't indicated whether losing weight is even appropriate for you at this point. You said you were going to wait a few weeks to weigh yourself so we don't know what weight you're sitting at now. I think primary concern should be sorting out the binging and the why behind it, before worrying about whether to focus on losing weight.

This. When the OP is significantly underweight, losing weight should be the last of the concerns.

OP, please seek out a referral to a therapist and a dietitian so they can help you.