!2 hours in a cubicle-workout

Options
I just wanted to post what I do here at work aside from working and browsing mfp for 12 hours a day 5 days a week lol :)

So basically I am a single mom of 2 who can't afford anymore than I already pay for babysitting lol, cash paying ouchie . . . .

I have resistance bands, kettle bells, dumbbells, and a thigh master here under my desk lol, thinking of getting a under desk pedal machine or stepper machine but I do take an hour lunch and use it all for my cardio and meditation (since I come back and eat at my desk on company time lol

(I love multitasking during work hours haha)

I simply don't see paying a gym membership and paying for childcare when I can treat myself to a new workout find every month to keep and maybe a new piece of clothing too :) woo

My question is, does anyone have any more discreet cubicle exercises.

I am use to weird looks trust me but something not loud lol (jumping ) as it is a quiet office space and I am already to weirdo who moves all day haha

Thanks all, I know there are fellow office calorie burners here :)

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Consider isometrics to mix it up.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    My office is in a 10-storey building, so I get up and climb stairs periodically throughout the day.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Just sitting on an exercise ball as a chair is relatively inconspicuous and would at least work your core all day long.
  • lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The under-the-desk elliptical type thing is helpful and fairly quiet. It won't do much to get your heart rate up, so I wouldn't count it as cardio and I don't count calories burned as exercise calories either, but it would probably have the same impact as pacing the office. Other than that, you seem to have given yourself a lot of exercise options in your cubicle. I usually stick with pushups and squats.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    A killer ab workout if your desk is stable is to support all your weight on your elbows on the edge of the desk and then raise your knees until they touch the underside of the desk. Press your elbows down into the table and push your knees up under the table, like a vertical crunch. Try to keep your torso as vertical as possible. Hold for as long as your can. You should look like you are sitting in an invisible chair.

Table inverted rows. Assisted table muscle ups are killer on the triceps. Like this, but rest your heels on the floor in front of you to make it easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KN4oWWVDKk
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    A sit/stand desk is very helpful. Just getting off the tush makes a big difference. Add in some movements, and your at about 2x the calorie burn of sitting.