Is it possible to put on a stone in a week??

Options
Out of curiosity - if you ate say, 10,000 calories everyday for a week would you put on a stone that quickly?? Or would your body work differently than that, would most of the calories just go through you?? I know 3,500 calories = a pound, but how accurate is that?? Completely out of curiosity, obviously I’m not planning on trying it :)

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,323 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    No.. not even possible nor healthy to add that much in a week .

Edited..

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    She is talking about eating enough to gain a stone (I think is 14lbs) in a week.

I don't know the answer...theoretically I suppose you could.
  • lx1x
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Yes it is possible and there is a subculture of abusive men who force feed their females partners in order to gain amounts like that. There are even subreddits giving recipes.

Why would you even ask the question? It is very disturbing that someone would be thinking this way.

That's not done in a week..
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    Yes it is possible and there is a subculture of abusive men who force feed their females partners in order to gain amounts like that. There are even subreddits giving recipes.

Why would you even ask the question? It is very disturbing that someone would be thinking this way.

Yes it is (although the huge gains taper off eventually). It is an extremely disturbing form of abuse that is rarely brought up in discussions of other abuse and/or eating disorders.
  • lx1x
    Options

Yes it is. It is an extremely disturbing form of abuse that is rarely brought up in discussions of other abuse and/or eating disorders.

Umm. Because it's against MFP rules.

One can eat 14lbs of food in a day.. but it's not gonna stay in your system.. it takes time to gain the weight. We are talking body weight not what's in your system/stomach or bladder
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I have seen people on 600 lb life gain 50 lbs in a month. Which comes out to roughly 12.5 a week.
  • lx1x
    Options
    I have seen people on 600 lb life gain 50 lbs in a month. Which comes out to roughly 12.5 a week.

Still under ops 14 lbs .. hypothetical
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

Those are special people, they probably absorb more nutrients than the average person. They may also be consuming more than 10k calories a day. Is it possible to gain a lot of weight? Yes, it's possible, but the 3500 calorie rule of thumb is not calibrated for extremes so the math may not add up.
  • earlnabby
    edited April 2019
    Options

Yes it is. It is an extremely disturbing form of abuse that is rarely brought up in discussions of other abuse and/or eating disorders.

Umm. Because it's against MFP rules.

One can eat 14lbs of food in a day.. but it's not gonna stay in your system.. it takes time to gain the weight. We are talking body weight not what's in your system/stomach or bladder

I am not talking about MFP, I am talking about professionals (both nutrition and mental health) learning or teaching about different forms of abuse or eating disorders. Feeders are still a no-go area of research.

Redacted. I don't think there are any feeders on MFP but just in case there are some former gainers (the abused) I don't want to trigger, just like we have to be careful when discussing Ana and Mia
  • lx1x
    Options
    She did not specify a type of person. She asked if it was possible. In my example, it appears to be close to possible. But still falling short even in the most extreme cases.

Exactly.. if longer time is given.. anything is possible .

14 lbs in a week.. doubt it's plausible..

Seen a program about sumo wrestler and their diet . Don't believe they gain that much weight in a week. (If I recall correctly).
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I'm not disagreeing with you @lx1x . My example actually shows that I am agreeing with you.
  • lx1x
    Options
    I'm not disagreeing with you @lx1x . My example actually shows that I am agreeing with you.

I know.. 😉

Just backing you up with other example of extreme diet.
  • earlnabby
    Options

Normal people eating a lot of food, I agree that it is implausible. Abnormal people intending to gain that much, yes it has been done.