Short workout suggestions

I work out at lunch and have roughly 25 minutes to work out at the gym I go to, 30 minutes if you add a 5 minute cool down,any suggestions fo rthe most calrie burn in the shortest amount of time?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Biggest calorie burn in the shortest time.........running.
  • Breedy75
    Breedy75 Posts: 54 Member
    Tabata routines would fit the bill
  • jerryvo
    jerryvo Posts: 66 Member
    I have close to the same gym schedule at lunch (30 min + 5 cool down). I hate to run so I hit the elliptical hard. I always try to do a program with a variety of high and low resistance segments (depending on the brand: around the world, hills challenge, cross country, etc...) I also rotate brand of machine so it does not get too repetative. Each brand has their own stride range of motion and their programs can differ substantially. I challenge myself to keep the same RPM throughout each resistance segment so you really have to push yourself during the high resistance portions. I also try to run backwards every 4th segment of the program to hit a different muscle group. It is a great workout that can kick your butt some days
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    HIIT

Download a free HIIT timer- you can do 15 minutes flat and beat yourself silly with it.

pick any exercises- If you are shooting for 15 minutes- go for 5.

You can even repeat one or two - no big deal.

Example

> DB row
    > Burpees
    > Squat press (use DB or plate weight)
    > Arnold Press
    > Mountain Climbers or High Knees

Set the timer for 15 rounds of 10/50 second intervals.

wait for the timer to go then die. After it beeps it's last beep- suck wind and revel in the fact you survived and had a successful workout. :D