Rewards!

Options
When I hit certain weight loss goals, I want to be able to reward myself. But rewarding myself with food seems to miss the point and rewarding myself with a purchase (I was thinking new shoes) while I'm trying to get out of debt seems frivolous. Ideas?

Replies

• la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    New Make up, manicure, pedicure or new clothes are always great rewards! Enjoy
  • margo_hudeet
    Options
    Usually people use these rewards - massage, haircut, manicure, pedicure, facial, travel, vacation... If you don't want to spend a lot of money -ask your friend to do a massage for you or mani/pedicure.
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    Have a girls' night and do manis, pedis, face masks, etc. Lots of fun and cheaper than going to a spa.

I myself usually go with the pat on the back method, or a lite lunch at my favorite fish taco place...going back to school so I do not want to spend the money!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    A new pair of jeans, skirt, shorts, etc...
    You'll need it anyway so it a rather practical idea and the big reward is buying it in a smaller size. Don't get a whole wardrobe - maybe even go to a resale store and get just 2 or 3 things. You can do that for less than $20 most of the time. Although there are some higher end resale stores that are alot more expensive! - don't go to those because as you lose, you'll need to supplement your wardrobe as you go so buying expensive, flashy or high ticket seems silly to me.

Although the whole self-treatment stuff is *great* and definitely a nice treat, I (personally) find them a little impractical on a budget. If even buying some very inexpensive clothes is beyond your budgetary means at the moment, then might I suggest a quiet and relaxing evening with a good book, your favorite wine, coffee or tea drink, a comfy pair of pj's, incense and no guilt about not working out that day. For me, I feel guilty every time I don't work out because I haven't reached a single one of my goals yet. I'd LOVE to have a guilt free day.... ;-D And guess what??? They're FREE!! lol...

I'm sure whatever you choose, it'll be perfect for you and your needs. Good luck!
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    If you don't want to spend the money, have an at home spa day. There are tons of ideas about at home spa days on the web. Just get the house to yourself for the day and relax!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Could you get your hubby in on the plan? Ask if he could take the kid for one day, while you stay at home with no worries. Run a nice, warm bubble bath. Have a glass of wine and read a good book.
    It's not terribly expensive, and it's just really good "me time."
  • Breathe_Glamour
    Options
    I don't really give myself any rewards...I am more excited by reaching my goals & nothing is better than knowing I accomplished something I set out to finish.
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    Someone posted a while back about putting a dollar or two in a jar for every pound you lose. That way you can slowly save for an ultimate goal!
  • jessa55
    jessa55 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thats a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
  • AGG115
    AGG115 Posts: 62
    Options
    Awesome, thanks!