Exercises for a constant commuter? Making an experimental routine.

Options
So I drive a lot. Like 1-2 hours every day. I want to experiment with incorporating some sort of exercise that I could do while in transit. I have so much time to do it with so much consistency, that honestly I think I'd probably see pretty decent results fairly quickly. Finding exercises that are challenging, but also benign enough to do while driving is a challenge, however.

I'm guessing most of the exercises that would be worth doing would be core exercises, which is fine as I am trying to further strengthen my core. Today I tried to do something like stomach vaccuums, and you can certainly feel some burn from that. However, if I could get a collection of a few things to do on my drive, that would be amazing.

Does anyone have any suggestions of exercises that I could do that would fit the criteria of being benign enough to do while driving, while also actually useful?

Let me know what you think!

Replies

• Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    This just seems like such a bad idea. Drive while driving. Don’t do other things.

Valid criticism, but surely there are some things that are benign enough. I used to do wim hof breathing on my commutes too, justnl didn't see any benefit after a while.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I was just reading studies yesterday that even listening/talking while driving increases driver error.

Might depend on your car, but I think you'd be safe if, only when watching the lights and traffic at a stop sign, you could lift one or both your knees up so your feet are off the floor, and that way you'd exercise your stomach/back core/thighs. You might need to grip the wheel or armrests during that too.

Also, when you arrive, park further away from entrances.

Take the stairs instead of lifts.