Healthy Snacks <= 100 Cal.

Options
ercarta
ercarta Posts: 74 Member
edited April 2019 in Food and Nutrition
Looking for healthier options between meals fellow MFPs.

Whaddya got?

Eric

Replies

• ercarta
    Options
    My snacks may not be to your liking because all I do is just grab a vegetable, as is, and munch on it. A head of lettuce, a few leaves of cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots...etc. I don't even cut them up for a salad, I just graze on them throughout the day.

Are you kidding me?! That’s awesome! Totally practical and easy to implement. Thank you!

Eric
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Most fruit would be under 100 calories too. ( in normal sizes, of course, eg 1 banana, apple, pear, orange, punnet of strawberries, slice of watermelon etc )
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by “healthy”?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    When I'm in a deficit and have a snack my rule for myself is it has to be higher in protein or it's nothing. It's usually around 100-150cals. Low fat cottage cheese or Greek yogurt and fruit, egg whites, protein shake (just protein powder and water or coffee), cocktail shrimp, small can of tuna etc.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Raw almonds are my general 'healthy go-to' though I've recently shifted to eating whatever snacks I want as long as I weigh out a proper portion first.
  • ercarta
    Options
    I wish I could do nuts for snacks but the quantity you get for 100 calories is pathetic compared to how I usually ate them. For a high protein snack, boiled lupini beans are surprisingly high in protein for the calories. They're filling too.

Ooh, I've not heard of a lupini bean. I'm intrigued.

Eric
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky is my go to.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I really like yogurt, cheese sticks, and handheld fruit like apples or oranges. Bananas are generally a bit more than 100 for a large one, but I like those too.
  • ercarta
    Options
    Beef jerky is my go to.

Bam! That's my jam. :-)
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, babybell mini cheese are under 100.

If I am at work and don't get hungry until 11, I will eat the Brookside chocolate-covered fruit. They are about 10 calories per piece, and one piece keeps hunger at bay for 15 mins. This becomes 40-50 calories in the hour before my work lunch period.

At home, if I have room in my calorie budget I'll grab pb crackers or protein bar, usually 150-175 calories depending on brand.
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Cabot low fat snack cheese. 1 is 50 calories and 6 g of protein. I usually eat 2. I also have some 100 calorie snack packs of almonds. The pre-portions are nice since nuts are easy to over estimate. Veggies as stated above are easy if my protein for the day is pretty good. I also do sliced homemade seitan (~120 calories but ~20 g of protein), but sliced chicken breast would work equally as well. A half cup of greek yogurt or cottage cheese is also a go to. If you need more fiber a half cup of black beans is 110 calories. Wrap them in some lettuce if you want crunch.
  • Amwa77
    Amwa77 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I usually just do a protein shake but I do like to mix Lipton's french onion dip with non fat greek yogurt and dip whatever veggies (sometimes pretzels) i have on hand.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    For 100 calories I'd cut up carrots and some red bell peppers or snap peas and dip them in Bolthouse Ranch Dressing or Creamy Garlic Dressing. Great flavor and satisfying! You could also make a salad with Bolthouse dressings. Of course there's fruit too. Some nonfat yogurts are 100 calories or slightly above.
  • nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Fage 0% Greek yogurt- my fave
    Cucumbers and hummus. Sprouts makes a terrific chipotle one
    A banana
    Can of tuna fish
    15 almonds
    Cottage cheese
    Many protein powders are around 100 cal
    Berries

• JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, about 75 cal each.
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I wish I could do nuts for snacks but the quantity you get for 100 calories is pathetic compared to how I usually ate them. For a high protein snack, boiled lupini beans are surprisingly high in protein for the calories. They're filling too.

My go-to snack right now is 150 calories of pistachio nuts, but with shell on so I have to take the time to shell them as I eat them. Makes the snack last longer and I don't feel so sad that 150 calories of pistachios is still a very tiny amount lol.

Op, I also like flavored popcorn. Right now I'm eating Aldi snack bags of white cheddar popcorn a few times a week, (90 calories per bag). It's their generic for Smart Food popcorn. Cottage cheese and lower calorie single serve containers of flavored Greek yogurt are also good options (80-110 calories).
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    zeejane4 wrote: »

My go-to snack right now is 150 calories of pistachio nuts, but with shell on so I have to take the time to shell them as I eat them. Makes the snack last longer and I don't feel so sad that 150 calories of pistachios is still a very tiny amount lol.

Op, I also like flavored popcorn. Right now I'm eating Aldi snack bags of white cheddar popcorn a few times a week, (90 calories per bag). It's their generic for Smart Food popcorn. Cottage cheese and lower calorie single serve containers of flavored Greek yogurt are also good options (80-110 calories).

I do that with peanuts when they're in season. Unshelled peanuts take up lots of volume so they don't look as pathetic. I also like unshelled sunflower seeds for the same reason.