Trying to get off soda... anyone have any good suggestions for a substitute?

Options
13»

Replies

• nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I thought this said 'trying to get off the sofa'.
  • Spite70
    Spite70 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you're not worried about the chemicals in diet soda then go for it. Otherwise you can add flavor drops to water if you want to avoid the carbonated drinks.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Spite70 wrote: »
    If you're not worried about the chemicals in diet soda then go for it. Otherwise you can add flavor drops to water if you want to avoid the carbonated drinks.

What chemicals do you think may be concerning in diet soda?
  • crispuppy
    crispuppy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Make your own fruit juices with a blender. They are filling and take time to drink. Add citrus for that Sprite /soda flavour. Try watermelon with lemon.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

What chemicals do you think may be concerning in diet soda?

Those flavor drops most likely have the same "chemicals" as well...
  • AngelLizbeth
    AngelLizbeth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been a major cola addict for ever... When living in the USA & Canada I was able to by it in 3 litre bottles and would easily go through almost two bottles a day. Drank it instead of coffee and tea... I thought I was addicted to the caffine but didn't like coffee so I went to health food stor and bought Craving Essence (you can get on amazon) which worked for awhile. Back here in the (home country) UK, I found that there were so many non diet products particularly sodas that have sweeteners added. I am allergic to sweeteners. However this year I was determine to reduce or come off sugar beverages and found Belvoir Cordials. They have no added sugar or sweeteners just the taste of the fruits etc. My favourites are Elderflower, Ginger, or Blueberry with Blackcurrants. Just a couple of ounces cordial in a big cold glass of fizzy water or even still water, pop in a few frozen strawberries and blueberries and yummy refreshing, quenching drink that has about 20-30 calories... I love it. It is not the cheapest squash/cordial out there but its all natural and less calories naturally...
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Bubly flavored waters and iced teas are my go to drinks. They give me flavor while also being calorie free (or low calorie if I add a teaspoon of sugar to the tea).
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

which "chemicals" does diet soda have that those drops would not??
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

which "chemicals" does diet soda have that those drops would not??

Just for the fun of it (I drink all of these or something similar):

Diet Pepsi:
    Carbonated Water, Colour (Caramel E150d), Acids (Phosphoric Acid, Citric Acid), Flavourings (including Caffeine), Sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame K), Acidity Regulator (Sodium Citrate), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate). Contains A Source Of Phenylalanine.

MiO:
    Water, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Malic Acid, Contains Less than 2% of Natural Flavor, Sucralose and Acesulfame Potassium (Sweeteners), Potassium Citrate, Red 40, Blue 1, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).

Walmart Clearly American sparkling water beverage:
    filtered carbonated water, citric acid, natural flavor, potassium citrate, potassium benzoate, aspartame, acesulfame potassium.

LaCroix Sparkling Water:
    Carbonated water, natural flavors