Deloading and happiness

Options
2»

Replies

• smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    G.Jerry- I see. I have a friend who does 5-3-1, last week when I spoke to him he said it was deload week and he did not seem happy about it to say the least.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Do you feel like you could do more on your lifts? If memory serves me, there's no reason why you can't move faster with the weight if you're able to.

I'm trying to explode out of the hole on everything and that helps a lot with getting 3x5.

Being an older beginner (started a few months ago at the age of forty-six) I'm JUST getting to the point where I can feel safe in telling myself, "No, don't stop, you have ONE more rep in you". I'm crashing more bars into the safeties as it occasionally makes for lift fails, but that's what they're made for and I'm okay with that.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Cipher- I've hit a bit of a wall this past week and today I found myself stopping at 4 reps (in my case) when I should have just tried the 5th even if I dropped it.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I love the feel of struggling like hell to get bench press (or any bar, really) up and finally getting it to lock out.