I have eaten the same lunch and daily snacks for 375 days

Options
alancorey1979
alancorey1979 Posts: 112 Member
Everyday for the last 375 days I have eaten 42 grams of pistachios, 40 grams of dried cranberries, 1 banana, 1 hard boiled egg, 100 grams of flounder (smoked over hickory wood), 150 grams of greek yogurt, and a single piece of string cheese.

Over the course of 375 days, I have consumed 35lbs of pistachios, 33lbs of cranberries, 375 bananas, 375, eggs, 83lbs of fish, 124lbs of yogurt, and 375 pieces of string cheese.

Pistachios are morning snack at 10:30am
banana, egg, fish, cheese, and yogurt for lunch at 12:30pm
and dried cranberries at 3:30pm.

Breakfast usually varies between a bowl of Raisin Bran, or 2 slices of toast with homemade jelly.
Dinner is usually a free for all but I no longer use those large 10" dishes for my dinner. Now I use the little plates typically used as a salad or side dish.

I'm not sure if this is a disorder or just dedication but I it has helped me lose 75lbs over the course of 375 days. Whatever it is, it has served me well.

Replies

• AwesomeOpossum74
    AwesomeOpossum74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you; it looks like this has.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    LOL - I'm not quite that bad but yes, weight management is so much easier when you don't mind being boring and monotonous with much of your food selection. That's how I lost all of my weight (though I did reintroduce variety for dinners and weekends once I got to maintenance).
  • nicholagonzalez
    nicholagonzalez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I could totally do this. Or at least months of the same things. My man on the other hand has to have variety. I can't even rotate like 5-10 meals or he gets bored lol. I used to eat the same lunch and breakfast everyday when I worked in an office. I loved it.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    In university I didn't know how to cook so I only ate turkey sandwiches. Every day, lunch and dinner, for two years.

Repetitive meals don't bother me as long as they taste good.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If it works for you, that's great! Congrats on your progress!
  • MJ_Runs
    MJ_Runs Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Well done!
    Years ago (pre-running injury weight gain) when I was competitive, I ate the same lunch everyday for almost two years: overnight oats with cocoa & peanut butter. It was filling and energised me for my training. At the time I felt a little strange for doing it, but I maintained a healthy weight and never had any issues.

I still seem to follow this pattern of discovering one thing I like eating, and then repeating that meal over several days or weeks...have a few days of variety, and then go back to that meal again. Must be a personality thing...
    The Atlantic did a nice little piece on this very subject: https://theatlantic.com/family/archive/2019/03/eating-the-same-thing-lunch-meal/584347/
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Everyday for the last 375 days I have eaten 42 grams of pistachios, 40 grams of dried cranberries, 1 banana, 1 hard boiled egg, 100 grams of flounder (smoked over hickory wood), 150 grams of greek yogurt, and a single piece of string cheese.

Over the course of 375 days, I have consumed 35lbs of pistachios, 33lbs of cranberries, 375 bananas, 375, eggs, 83lbs of fish, 124lbs of yogurt, and 375 pieces of string cheese.

Pistachios are morning snack at 10:30am
    banana, egg, fish, cheese, and yogurt for lunch at 12:30pm
    and dried cranberries at 3:30pm.

Breakfast usually varies between a bowl of Raisin Bran, or 2 slices of toast with homemade jelly.
    Dinner is usually a free for all but I no longer use those large 10" dishes for my dinner. Now I use the little plates typically used as a salad or side dish.

I'm not sure if this is a disorder or just dedication but I it has helped me lose 75lbs over the course of 375 days. Whatever it is, it has served me well.

That's awesome! This made me laugh for some reason thinking about all the food you ate in a year of the same stuff, but I think it's great that you know what you like and have found what works for your body :)
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    My public comment is, "Good for you. I'm glad you've found a way of eating that let's you be successful."
    In my mind I'm thinking, "AAARRRRgggggg. ErMaGerd - how boring...." But I would never say that out loud. :)

Edit: I actually eat almost the same lunch every day - so I do understand.
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have been eating basically the same breakfast and lunch everyday for over a year: cereal, fruit, almond milk, and a hard boiled egg for breakfast and a smoothie made with almond milk, fruit, and protein powder for lunch. I do vary the cereals, fruits, and flavor of the protein powder. I've found this simplifies things for me, and leaves me with roughly the same amount of calories for dinner every day. This way, I really only need to plan one meal a day. I'm so glad I saw this post, as now I don't feel I'm all that odd in my approach to eating. (I also read the Atlantic article referred to by @LarkinPoe.) I've lost 53 pounds this way! I guess we just need to find what works for each of us!
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Make meals easier to plan, while I don't eat the exact same thing everyday I do eat a very similar setup. I might spice my chicken or turkey differently since I got a good variety of salt free spices and veggies to go with it. Still, makes meals easier to plan and shopping is a lot easier to do as well. I plan all my dailies right in the morning (love the planner on here) so I know what I can add or subtract if I change my mind a little during the day.
  • shcurley198u
    shcurley198u Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I broke by nose one to many times as a kid playing rugby, hurling and boxing, oh and once in a mosh pit, so i actually have no sense of smell and an incredibly weak sense of taste, so eating the same thing over and over is no problem to me, my only problem is chocolate and sour candy, i can taste them, and also anything really spicy but thats really about it 😂
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I misread this & thought you ate the same things everyday for every meal.

Still impressive that you ate the same snacks/lunch for an entire year.
  • karlec50
    karlec50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think you have to eat whats comfortable for you and if its the same thing everyday and it works that is super. I'm a grazer so I could be very interested in this style of eating. knowing that it works