WW

Options
So have anyone tried weight watchers? was it worth it? Did you like it? I was trying Keto for a short time but decided I like carbs and that's going to change. With WW, they are more flexible about carbs. Points vs calories, which do you think better?

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I lost 20lbs on it but that was almost 15 years ago. Sounds like the current incarnation of the points system sucks, since it assigns zero points to a whole lot of not zero calorie foods and people are over eating.

Back when I was on it, pretty much only a small handful of condiments were zero points.

Anyways I also gained all that weight back plus since it wasn't a sustainable thing even back then. Points are not a very reliable way of figuring out how much you're eating.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    I lost the last 30 of 100 lbs on WW in 2006. Been maintaining ever since. WW changed my life. It’s where I learned tracking. I don’t know a thing about the current program.

But I can tell you that tracking works. While maintaining I’ve gone back to tracking now and again and it has always worked. More recently I’ve done my tracking on MFP counting calories. I found it easier to count WW points than calories but calorie counting is good enough for free.

Just my opinion, whatever system you try, keep logging your food when you go over your number. Lapses or mistakes are not reasons to quit tracking.