McDonald's Ice tea always tastes moldy!!

Options
I'm a southerner. I love my iced tea. Why can't they just bleach their tea containers?!

Replies

  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,326 Member
    Options
    It's too sweeeiiit . Mcd ice tea that is..

    Some do some don't .. some you can taste the bleach.. 🤢

  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Because it probably is. Make your own..
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    They should, in theory, be regularly cleaning them as required by local regulations for restaurants. Maybe there is something in the syrup they use that is disagreeable to you. Is it all McDs, or just the one?
  • suzannesimmons1
    suzannesimmons1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Then dont buy it and complain to the franchise owner.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    They should, in theory, be regularly cleaning them as required by local regulations for restaurants. Maybe there is something in the syrup they use that is disagreeable to you. Is it all McDs, or just the one?

    Should and do are oft two separate things.....
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    They should, in theory, be regularly cleaning them as required by local regulations for restaurants. Maybe there is something in the syrup they use that is disagreeable to you. Is it all McDs, or just the one?

    Should and do are oft two separate things.....

    Which is exactly why I said should, in theory.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Does McDonalds in the US make their own iced tea? In Canada they just sell Nestea, which is disgusting.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    They should, in theory, be regularly cleaning them as required by local regulations for restaurants. Maybe there is something in the syrup they use that is disagreeable to you. Is it all McDs, or just the one?

    Should and do are oft two separate things.....

    Which is exactly why I said should, in theory.

    I was agreeing with you. Much is lost in text.😁
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    They should, in theory, be regularly cleaning them as required by local regulations for restaurants. Maybe there is something in the syrup they use that is disagreeable to you. Is it all McDs, or just the one?

    Should and do are oft two separate things.....

    Which is exactly why I said should, in theory.

    I was agreeing with you. Much is lost in text.😁

    Don't make me come down there... :rage::laugh:
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    They should, in theory, be regularly cleaning them as required by local regulations for restaurants. Maybe there is something in the syrup they use that is disagreeable to you. Is it all McDs, or just the one?

    Should and do are oft two separate things.....

    And here we agree, in a very major way.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    They should, in theory, be regularly cleaning them as required by local regulations for restaurants. Maybe there is something in the syrup they use that is disagreeable to you. Is it all McDs, or just the one?

    Should and do are oft two separate things.....

    Which is exactly why I said should, in theory.

    I was agreeing with you. Much is lost in text.😁

    Don't make me come down there... :rage::laugh:

    I not afraid! I have my He-Man underoos on!
  • GW4321
    GW4321 Posts: 523 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    After seeing how many calories are in sweet tea(southern sweet tea is ridiculously sweet), it made me realize that sweet tea was a huge factor in me being significantly overweight. Eliminating those calories played a huge role in my 100+lb weight loss. Probably the biggest factor.

    I know that has little relevance to your post, but I drank McDonalds sweet tea almost everyday. It was very good at the McDonald's I went to.
  • craziirabbit
    craziirabbit Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    amy19355 wrote: »
    It’s ridiculously easy to make ice tea at home, for a fraction of the cost.

    Oh totally. But you can't make it in the car! I drive a lot for work. So sometimes i like to get drinks on the go
  • craziirabbit
    craziirabbit Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    They should, in theory, be regularly cleaning them as required by local regulations for restaurants. Maybe there is something in the syrup they use that is disagreeable to you. Is it all McDs, or just the one?

    It's "fresh" brewed...not syrup..yuck!
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Ugg sweet tea, no thanks.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I was just gonna say that. Make a big batch and keep in the fridge and pour yourself one for the road lol
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    amy19355 wrote: »
    It’s ridiculously easy to make ice tea at home, for a fraction of the cost.

    Oh totally. But you can't make it in the car! I drive a lot for work. So sometimes i like to get drinks on the go

    Is it one particular location, or multiple McDs? If it's just one, I'd ask to talk to a manager or call the # on the receipts. It could be a health hazard!

    If it's a bunch, I'd wonder if it's just the taste of whatever tea they're using.

    I tend to get coffee and a McMuffin at McDs so I haven't had their ice tea in ages.