Is it bad to eat late

Options
Ok I was always told don’t eat late you won’t lose weight is it a myth

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    myth. I can eat all my calories for the day and then go right to bed and it is no different it doesnt even make sense you body doesnt know what time it is in your timezone...it just runs 24/7
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    The timing of your eating makes not difference for weight gain/loss, it's the number of calories. Some tend to eat more high calorie nutrient poor snacks later in the evening while watching TV, etc but its the excess calories that would be an issue.

Also, some people have trouble sleeping if eating too close to bedtime.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Myth. In fact I ate my days worth of calories on Monday in the span from 8 to 10pm (was a long busy day) Still loosing weight too.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's a myth.

You've started a lot of threads today. You made a post earlier asking if it was okay to snack, one talking about how your weight hasn't budged in three weeks, and now this one. I'm not saying that to discourage you from posting, it's just that you seem a bit frantic about your lack of loss and looking for possible reasons instead of sticking it all in one thread.
  • kpaing121
    kpaing121 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Ok sorry it’s all new to me I won’t post any more sorry guys good luck
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    kpaing121 wrote: »
    Ok sorry it’s all new to me I won’t post any more sorry guys good luck

As I wrote, I didn't say that so you wouldn't post; I said it out of concern. If my assumption was incorrect, I apologize, but you honestly seemed like your posts were coming from a place of worry rather than curiosity.
  • kpaing121
    kpaing121 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I’ve never done a diet where I count calories and it’s confusing but not to worry I will not write anymore I will work it out thks
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,437 Member
    Options
    kpaing121 wrote: »
    I’ve never done a diet where I count calories and it’s confusing but not to worry I will not write anymore I will work it out thks

You can write more: We'd like to help. It's just that we could better understand your situation if you gave us a little background about you, then your questions, all in one post. :flowerforyou:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    One of the most bizarre myths I've ever heard as it completely defies basic logic.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't care. If you are hungry eat something, but I always try and eat LESS if I do eat after a certain time. Lately I've been trying and eat dinner before 8 every night and just eat vegetables. Whether or not it makes any difference, I hope..
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't care. If you are hungry eat something, but I always try and eat LESS if I do eat after a certain time. Lately I've been trying and eat dinner before 8 every night and just eat vegetables. Whether or not it makes any difference, I hope..

But for someone trying to lose weight, make sure you are actually hungry, and not eating out of habit, boredom, etc.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

For weight loss? It won’t make any difference if you eat before 8 or after. Why are you only eating vegetables for dinner? Are you getting adequate protein and fat throughout the rest of your day?