Fell off the wagon/weight training q's

Options
So I recently fell of the wagon and ate all the chocolate and sweets I could get my hands on. I have still been going to the gym 4 times a week and have started strength training. My question is do I use lighter weights and do more reps or lift heavier weights and do less reps?
Also if anyone has any tips on how to curb the sweet tooth it would be much appreciated.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    You go to the thread below and select a good beginner program that fits your needs and goals:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you

I found my cravings for sweets like candy, cake, cookies, etc., declined when I started making it a point to get at least 3 servings of fruit daily. This doesn't work for everyone, but I've seen others here say it helped them, too. After a while, a lot of the really simple sweets started tasting way too simple, boring, and not worth their calories. I still enjoy a good rich dessert now and then, but I don't crave the lower-complexity things the way I once did. YMMV, though.