Start Day May 14th
    End Day Aug 14th

May 14th 171lb
    May 17th 170lb
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    MFP start 298.5lbs Oct 2017

Challenge Starting Weight: 188.25 (April Weigh out)
    Challenge Level:Level 4 - 20 pounds ★★★★
    Challenge Goal weight: 168.25lbs
    Challenge goal : 20.00
    Challenge loss : 6.75lbs

April Weigh out : 188.25
    May 03 - 184.75
    May 10 - 181.50
    May 17 - 182.50
    May 24
    May 31
    June 07
    June 14
    June 21
    June 28
    July 05
    July 12
    July 19
    July 26
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd round of this challenge. I was close to my goal but did not meet it. I worked on a Level 5 - 25 pounds for the last challenge and lost a total of 23.8lbs. I love the challenges because they hold me accountable and make me aware of my choices when want to eat and snack. My weigh-in day is a Friday but joining on the first.

May
    5/1 – 196.2
    5/3 – 197.6 Not off to a good start but must trust it!
    5/10 –194.8
    5/17 – 194.0
    5/24
    5/31
    May Total Loss:

June
    6/7
    6/14
    6/21
    6/28
    June Total Loss:

July
    7/5
    7/12
    7/19
    7/26
    July Total Loss:

August 1st
  • mustangem82
    mustangem82 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Challenge level: ★★★
    Goal weight: 135
    Goal A1C 6.0

5/3: Starting weight 148. A1C 6.7
    5/10: 147.2
    5/17: 148.4.

Not a great week for sticking to the diet. I'll do better.

• jennigerding19
    jennigerding19 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    SW:159
    Level:❤️❤️❤️
    GW:145

5.3-159
    5.10-162 vacay all week so I knew it would be high
    5.17-163 a lot of things going on. Need to focus more. Will food prep Monday to help
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    May 3rd Starting Weight: 181.8 lb
    May 10th Weigh-In: 184.6 lb
    May 17th Weigh-In: 183.4 lb
    Challenge Level: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    Goal Weight: 161.8 lb

Weekly Goals (May - August):
    Exercise at least 5 days a week or a minimum of 210 exercise minutes: Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (this afternoon): Total minutes 218 without Friday’s exercises yet. Woohoo!

Meet or stay under calorie goals at least 6 days a week (including eating back exercise calories burned). Ate over in calories on Saturday and Sunday because it was my sister’s birthday and Mother’s Day. I did try to track the rest of the week though. 🚫

May Goals:
    Reduce alcohol consumption to a maximum of 2 drinks per week (2 pints, or 2 glasses of wine for example) 3 1/2 drinks on the weekend because of my sister’s birthday and mother’s day 🚫

Overall happy to see the scale go down instead of up! We are prepping to eat well this weekend and into next week.

Any snack ideas?

Good luck everyone!

• syreina
    syreina Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    MFP Starting Weight: 140 lbs - February 2011
    Current Starting Weight: 147 lbs - November 2017

Challenge Starting Weight: 138 lbs
    Challenge Level 2 - 10 pounds ★★
    Challenge Goal Weight: 128 lbs

Height: 5ft

Ultimate Goal: 120 lbs

Weigh-In Days: Mondays and Fridays

May 3: 138
    May 6: N/A I had no scale and it was a part of my wedding weekend - no cares were given. <3
    May 10: 138.2
    May 13: 138.2
    May 17: 137.6
  • CJsoon
    CJsoon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in for level 3 Which is my target weight loss goal anyway. My start date is May 17th. Best of wishes to everyone. I clocked in at 215 2 weeks ago I'll weigh myself today at the gym and start with that.
  • tthickens637
    tthickens637 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sicker than a dog!! Day 4 fluish congestion - yuck. I hope I don't lose too much hard earned muscle!
  • tthickens637
    Options
    cbreit1986 wrote: »
    Start date: May 5
    Challenge Starting Weight: 194.2
    Challenge Level: ✴✴✴✴
    Challenge Goal weight: 174

May
    5/5 : 194.2
    5/13 : 186.8
    Having trouble eating 1300 cal/day. Tracking everything and I'm only getting about 900 cal/day. 2 glasses of wine this week. Not incorporating exercise yet

If you eat even close to regular meals the difficulty is staying under goal not getting to goal. Can you give an example of what you are eating? maybe add in some healthy fats and protein - for example a hand full of nuts has a couple of hundred calories

Weighing everything is super important and really easy. You might be getting more than you realize. If you're already doing that, peanut butter is a great high calorie high protein snack to have with apples, rice cakes, celery etc. I envy you in that I struggle to keep my count down!🤦‍♀️
  • tthickens637
    Options

May
    Having trouble eating 1300 cal/day. Tracking everything and I'm only getting about 900 cal/day. 2 glasses of wine this week. Not incorporating exercise yet

If you eat even close to regular meals the difficulty is staying under goal not getting to goal. Can you give an example of what you are eating? maybe add in some healthy fats and protein - for example a hand full of nuts has a couple of hundred calories

Also, adding exercise will stimulate your appetite and get your system moving!
  • vivimigot
    vivimigot Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Starting date: May 17 TH.
    Ending date: August 17 TH

Challenge Starting Weight: 199
    Challenge Level: *****
  • kristenjoy90
    kristenjoy90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
    Starting weight: 155.6 lbs
    Level: ❤❤❤❤
    Goal: 130 lbs

Will update weight every Friday 😄
  • CJsoon
    CJsoon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Start date May 17th
    End date August 17th

Level***
    Challenge start weight 212
    Goal 200 will update every 2 weeks Best wishes to all.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    3-MONTH CHALLENGE
    Challenge Starting Weight: Sun., May 5 = 253.6
    Challenge Level: 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 20lbs
    Challenge Goal weight: 233.6
    (About 1.5lbs / week)
    Weigh-in day is Sunday.
    May 12: 254; gain +.4# Not a great start, but considering I had three binge nights and TOM; I am not beating myself up!
    May 19: 251.4; 2.6# loss Increased exercise this week! Still had a binge night, journalling and trying to figure out triggers and strategies.

• tthickens637
    Options
    Wow, what a week!! Only got one workout in before allergies hit hard and morphed into bronchitis. 😣 Still, I think my healthy base built on good diet, exercise and rest kept me from hitting rock bottom. I'm already feeling better (70%) and looking forward to getting back to my strength training. So, as expected from not eating much while sick, my weight is down some and, as expected from only one good workout last week, my measurements are about the same. Thanks again to all for traveling this journey with me and have a great week:)

Located Northern California
    60 years old, Female, 5'8" tall
    Original Weight: 187 (10/1/18)
    Challenge Starting Weight: 165
    Challenge Level Two: 🏃🏽‍♀️🏋️‍♀️
    Challenge Goal weight:<155

Weekly weigh-in (Sundays):

MAY
    5/5: 166 lbs.
    5/12: 165.1 lbs.
    5/19: 161.8 lbs.

Measurements (from my strength training experiment:)

5/5: Chest: 40",Waist: 38", Hips: 42",
    Thighs: 25", Calfs: 15"

5/12: Chest: 39.5",Waist: 36", Hips: 42",
    Thighs: 24", Calfs: 15"

5/19: Chest: 39, Waist: 35.5, Hips: 42, Thighs: 24, Calfs: 15
  • tthickens637
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    3-MONTH CHALLENGE
    Challenge Starting Weight: Sun., May 5 = 253.6
    Challenge Level: 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 20lbs
    Challenge Goal weight: 233.6
    (About 1.5lbs / week)
    Weigh-in day is Sunday.
    May 12: 254; gain +.4# Not a great start, but considering I had three binge nights and TOM; I am not beating myself up!
    May 19: 251.4; 2.6# loss Increased exercise this week! Still had a binge night, journalling and trying to figure out triggers and strategies.

I love that you're journaling! It helps to hold our inner-selves accountable too. 🤗 Also, only one binge night vs three the prior week is great work!!👍👍
  • Dennigrl176
    Dennigrl176 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Hope it's ok to start in late. Worried that my weight keeps going up every week. Need to get back to what works for me ... logging food, exercising and participating in a challenge. This looks great!

Start date May 19
    End date August 19
    Challenge Starting Weight: 147.5
    Challenge Level: 2
    Challenge Goal weight: 137.5

Weigh-ins on Mondays:
    May 27-
    June 3-
    June 10
    June 17
    June 24
    July 1
    July 8
    July 15
    July 22
    July 29
    Aug 5
    Aug 12
    Aug 19

• cbreit1986
    cbreit1986 Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

May

Weighing everything is super important and really easy. You might be getting more than you realize. If you're already doing that, peanut butter is a great high calorie high protein snack to have with apples, rice cakes, celery etc. I envy you in that I struggle to keep my count down!🤦‍♀️

I'm super anal about weighing everything (the wife hates it). Unfortunately I absolutely despise peanut butter and celery......trying to stay under 20 carbs/day so apples and rice cakes are out for me.

I've added the shakes so I'm getting the extra calories but now I'm at a point where my scale isnt moving. So I'm trying meal replacement shakes.....something I have never been able to do because I get so hungry so quickly after.

This is what typically happens. I hit a breaking point (usually 195lbs) I start a diet and I lose close to 10lbs immediately then I hit a brick wall. I see no success and after 3 or so months I lose all hope and decide that I was just meant to be fat. I gain the 10lbs back and realize how uncomfortable physically and emotionally I am and it starts all over again. 😑

Trying not to add exercise at this point because unless I'm add atleast 600 extra calories I feel famished all the time.
  • tthickens637
    Options

May

I'm super anal about weighing everything (the wife hates it). Unfortunately I absolutely despise peanut butter and celery......trying to stay under 20 carbs/day so apples and rice cakes are out for me.

I've added the shakes so I'm getting the extra calories but now I'm at a point where my scale isnt moving. So I'm trying meal replacement shakes.....something I have never been able to do because I get so hungry so quickly after.

This is what typically happens. I hit a breaking point (usually 195lbs) I start a diet and I lose close to 10lbs immediately then I hit a brick wall. I see no success and after 3 or so months I lose all hope and decide that I was just meant to be fat. I gain the 10lbs back and realize how uncomfortable physically and emotionally I am and it starts all over again. 😑

Trying not to add exercise at this point because unless I'm add atleast 600 extra calories I feel famished all the time.

Sounds like you're determined. 👏👏 Eggs and cheeses are another high cal low carb option. I also love the little cans of tuna for a quick satisfying snack. Also there are a few threads on here that might give you ideas: one about 'snacks', one called 'calorie counting 101', and another about 'obese to 6 pack, ask me anything'. So many people struggle with the cycle you describe (including me) that I'm sure you'll find something inspiring in there. I found that taking body measurements is a way to convince myself that I'm still winning this battle, even when the scale hasn't budged (or actually gone up). There is an answer for you - and it's not being fat!! You got this...
This discussion has been closed.