NSV and Dark Confession

Options
So, no, it does not belong in Success Stories.
According to my food diary, I went to the grocery store last Thursday.
How can I tell? Easy. After I get home from the grocery buying snacks and treats for my family, I pig out. Too often.
The NSV is that one of the bags of snacks I purchased Thursday was Fritos Scoops. This evening, I see that the empty bag has been discarded into the trash. My NSV on the subject is that I DID NOT EAT ANY OF IT!!!!!

I love my family members. The two adult children are not obese. My wife is not trying to lose weight.
I've been at this for over 3 years. It's still not easy.

Replies

• Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! It's harder when you have that stuff in the house. Great job!
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Wonderful display of self-control!
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    nice job !!!! love it
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    ha.

The grocery store and the Dollar Store are both places I have to be very careful. I live alone so if the Scoops come home, they'll be in my FOOD diary by the next day.

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Yes. I buy double stuff Oreos "for my teenage boys". Very dangerous. Ignoring the siren calls from the pantry is the struggle of a lifetime.
  • SoaringOccamy
    SoaringOccamy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Same. Shopping day is always my worst day of the week because all of the new snack food is in. I am lucky in the fact that my family tends to buy the mini individual bags of chips, since it is harder to track on handfuls of chips out of a big bag. But still, this past shopping day I ate 2 bags of funyuns, a bag of combos, and one of those little cracker stick and cheese packs, and garlic bread pizza, Not to mention a few peanut butter cups and coconut chocolates I had left in my easter basket. Needless to say, I had to squeeze in my last meal very carefully that night.

Congrats to you on avoiding the temptation because you did way better than I did. XD
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I would feel victorious, too. The struggle is real.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens with regular ice cream. Two quart size containers gone within 2 days and I haven't even taken a spoonful. Yet the other 2 at home complain about where all the ice cream went. Aliens, maybe?👽👾
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Dumb question, but I haven't been able to figure it out exactly... what does NSV stand for? I get from context it's a moment of victorious realization, right? But what do the letters stand for?
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Dumb question, but I haven't been able to figure it out exactly... what does NSV stand for? I get from context it's a moment of victorious realization, right? But what do the letters stand for?

Non Scale Victory.

It means a nice thing about losing weight other than the number on the scale.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Hey, that's great! Way to go!!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    This is not a new discovery. This is anecdotal confirmation of a phenomenon of what we variously call "prayer", "meditation", and "psychotherapy". It seems that by simply writing my success at avoiding those Fritos, I've also been able to avoid 2 complete packages of Oreos Thin Mints in the most recent week.

I think of this as a refresher course in self-therapy.