Is diet more important for performance as you lose weight?

Options
slbbw
slbbw Posts: 329 Member
I exercise first thing in the morning fasted. I have found myself recently having some nausea and or indigestion immediately following my standard effort workout. Today was particularly bad and it induce exercise induced hives, which I randomly get, as I have not figure out what exactly allows it to happen.

I am curious whether this is trend due to less than proper nutrition now that I have less spare energy coming from my body. Or is it something else altogether. I do not feel strained during my effort. My energy levels are good. But about 45 min in I start to get nauseous or my stomach starts getting crampy. I would liekt o figure out how to avoid this.

Replies

• jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I stopped training fasted for a similar issue. Also in morning. I now have a small banana before, small mostly protein meal after and then push my main meals out 6 hours till 2 or so. Sorta my own IF version . Try a few carbs before and see how you feel.
  • dukeingram
    dukeingram Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    slbbw wrote: »
    I exercise first thing in the morning fasted. I have found myself recently having some nausea and or indigestion immediately following my standard effort workout. Today was particularly bad and it induce exercise induced hives, which I randomly get, as I have not figure out what exactly allows it to happen.

I am curious whether this is trend due to less than proper nutrition now that I have less spare energy coming from my body. Or is it something else altogether. I do not feel strained during my effort. My energy levels are good. But about 45 min in I start to get nauseous or my stomach starts getting crampy. I would liekt o figure out how to avoid this.

I always train fasted. I prefer working out mornings. I've walked and run up to 20 miles without eating anything. The days I plan to do long distance running or walking I make sure I eat enough carbs, protein and fiber the evening before. The next morning I am not hungry and have plenty of energy to maximize my fitness performance.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    Are you sure about the "standard intensity"? Is it possible your workout intensity has increased as you've gotten lighter? (It's common). Some physiological reponses to intense workouts can manifest as nausea - nervousness or anxiety are not the only reason some people vomit during competitions. If that's the issue, adaptation is possible.

You could experiment with intake changes to see if helps, though.