Options

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,854 Member
    Options
  • AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    @CowgirlConnieMay - Happy Anniversary! I must admit, that I have trouble reminding our anniversary.There have been times I’ve told him not to get me an anniversary card because I had forgotten and we lived 20 miles from town!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! @CowgirlConnieMay
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    @quiltingjaine, Yes, the lowered carbs always make a big difference. I've been so quiet on the challenge boards in the past weeks, because I'm working on me. 😉

Still trying to pin down the lingering causes of my 7 month, what I'm going to call "keto plateau" I thought I had it solved. I'm always experimenting on myself. The key had been in one of my food choices, peanut butter. I want to eat it when I'm low on b vitamins. I had stopped taking my vitamins for a while. So, started taking them again, but still want pb, just not as often. Now, I like peanut butter, but it was getting ridiculous. Before keto, it was one of those food items that I'd push aside in my pantry while searching for something else. It could be there for months without me really noticing it. I do know that PB is also high in potassium. Do I just need to increase my potassium? Yes/maybe. I NEVER get 4700mg of potassium daily. I barely break 2000mg a day. Not even when I used to drink two 24 ounce green smoothies + vegetables a day. I finally thought, maybe this "plateau" has to do with electrolytes. But, uh, I'm drinking my electrolytes. What gives? May 6th, I got close to 3000mg. On May 7th, I mixed 1/4 tsp of LoSalt and increased Morton salt substitute to 1 tsp mixed in water and drank it throughout the day. My potassium intake was 7190 milligrams. Three days in a row my potassium level has been over 4000mg. Each day my fluid weight has dropped some. I'm encouraged. Will the month of May be my exit from the 170's? Praying for it!