40lbs and counting!!

yhrcq26dabvw.jpeg

Was so tired of working out everyday with 0 results... so tired of having to buy bigger and bigger clothes. Started logging my foods and making myself eat breakfast and lunches everyday. Started pushing myself with the 10k steps everyday and added weights to my workouts... Its been 8 months and I’m about 10lbs from my goal weight!!! I’m finally starting to feel comfortable in my own skin for the first time in years.

Replies

• bradbing
    bradbing Posts: 1 Member
    Awesome job! Amazing what counting calories can do! I'm 10 lbs behind you in terms of weight loss!
  • morning_starr2000
    morning_starr2000 Posts: 5 Member
    It’s such an amazing feeling isn’t it?!
  • staceyma77
    staceyma77 Posts: 3 Member
    You look amazing and are giving me hope. I have 45 pounds of baby weight to lose I gained 80!!! I just started the app last week and I am trying to honestly log everything. What is your workout routine?
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Congrats! Amazing progress! 💪💪💪
  • Hydr8Cafn8Medic8
    Hydr8Cafn8Medic8 Posts: 472 Member
    It’s such an amazing feeling isn’t it?!

Yes, it is an amazing feeling, one that I am extremely pleased to have experienced and learned to appreciate myself. You have been through an amazing journey so far, very well done, and you look amazing. Keep it up, and all the best on your remaining 10lbs!!!
  • hafsatoheed2019
    hafsatoheed2019 Posts: 70 Member
    yhrcq26dabvw.jpeg

Was so tired of working out everyday with 0 results... so tired of having to buy bigger and bigger clothes. Started logging my foods and making myself eat breakfast and lunches everyday. Started pushing myself with the 10k steps everyday and added weights to my workouts... Its been 8 months and I’m about 10lbs from my goal weight!!! I’m finally starting to feel comfortable in my own skin for the first time in years.
    yhrcq26dabvw.jpeg

Congratulations
    Plz can you break it down a lull bit. Did you add weight from the very beginning or after initial loss. I’m at least 60lb heavier than my ideal/should be weight according to my height. I’m 5’1. 186lb f.
    Never worked out my whole life. I struggliyto get the hang of it the days I walk I nible here and there and the days I watch my eating I don’t walk. Walking is only thing I can hanywith 184 lbs. something inside tells me since you did one you don’t have to do the other part as religiously.
    iKnoww it’s wrong.
  • morning_starr2000
    staceyma77 wrote: »
    You look amazing and are giving me hope. I have 45 pounds of baby weight to lose I gained 80!!! I just started the app last week and I am trying to honestly log everything. What is your workout routine?

Hello Stacyma77 I work out 6 days a week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday I will do 30 to 35min of cardio and 15 to 20 min of strength training. Wednesday I have joined a yoga class and Saturday I normally do a long run or a bike ride.

Cardio - every other day I will switch up running and elyptical

Strength training - I have 3 different sets I do. I have one I do with the TRX bands, one with assisted weights and one that is with free weights (that is just lunges, squats, pushups) I will also do the rower and the Stairstepper.

One of the other things I have started doing (now that it’s starting to warm up) is taking a 30 to 60 min brisk walk in the evening. This helps to make sure I get my 10k steps everyday.

One of my biggest motivates to stay on track has been my Apple Watch... I love earning the badges. I call them my fake awards with real benefits :wink:

I plan out my food for the day and log it in the morning so that I can see if there is something I may need to cut out or cut down to stay in my recommended calorie count of 1200. I am not on a diet, I still allow myself bread, pasta, and all other “bad food”. I started making myself eat breakfast and lunch and a small snack.

I hope this helps a little.. just remember it all takes time and dedication and choosing something that is a life change. Stick with it, even on days you don’t feel like anything is changing IT IS - You Got This!
  • morning_starr2000
    yhrcq26dabvw.jpeg

yhrcq26dabvw.jpeg

Congratulations
    Plz can you break it down a lull bit. Did you add weight from the very beginning or after initial loss. I’m at least 60lb heavier than my ideal/should be weight according to my height. I’m 5’1. 186lb f.
    Never worked out my whole life. I struggliyto get the hang of it the days I walk I nible here and there and the days I watch my eating I don’t walk. Walking is only thing I can hanywith 184 lbs. something inside tells me since you did one you don’t have to do the other part as religiously.
    iKnoww it’s wrong.

No I did not start with the weights right away, in-fact I just ran everyday but for me that wasn’t enough so after 3 months of running 40min a day i decided to get with a personal trainer at the gym. He showed me a couple different routines that I have been incorporating in my work out since September and that is actually when it really started losing the weight.

In September I downloaded the MFP App started logging my food (with this you have to be honest, you’re only hurting yourself if you aren’t) and started my current workout routine.

Don’t lose heart, a life change takes time you got this!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Great job, you look amazing!! :)
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    amazing work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!