Exercise Bike(stationary) with arm movement?

Options
I USE A STATIONARY BIKE AT A PRETTY GOOD SPEED 15 MINS EVERY HOUR. BUT IT HAS ARM MOVEMENTS AS WELL AS THE PEDALS, I USE BOTH BUT WHEN I GO TO INPUT INTO MYFITNESSPAL THERES NO STATIONARY BIKE THAT HAS ARM MOVEMENTS AS WELL. TYPICALLY I WOULD ADD MY SELF BUT THE MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE A CALORIE COUNTER.

I PUT IT ON "Stationary bike, vigorous effort (bicycling, cycling, biking)" WOULD THIS BE THE RIGHT SECTION? SAYS I BURNED 852 IN 45 MINS? IS THAT ACCURATE ENOUGH FOR A EXERCISE BIKE WITH ARM WORKOUTS? THANKS

GOD BLESS

Replies

• Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You know I am having the same problem, when I go to the gym there machies say I burned so many cals and when I put it in MFP it gives more cals burned than what was at the gym. I am not sure but I think it may be close. It is usually off by 20-150 cals depending how long my exercise was. I believe it takes into consideration how much we weight to compute how many cals we burn. I think that it is great that you road for so long. Keep up the great work and see how it turns out, maybe you could watch ur cal intake and not be exact. Take of a 100 or so? Great luck, and success, God bless you too. :flowerforyou:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate moniter to be safe, until than, go for the lower amount burned to be safe. My HRM is WAY lower than what MFP says I burned, but its only a guess.