App or Website?

Options
laceybrobie
laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
Do you guys use the APP or the Website or Both? I just updated my Website profile to help me track my weight loss and goals. Wondering who else is using both of them to help keep them on track?

8a61krb34juw.jpg

Replies

• Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I mostly use the website and prelog. Then I'll use the app if I need to update something during the day and I'm not by a computer.
  • jeffrey_ad
    jeffrey_ad Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I mostly use the app and occasionally the website. The app syncs my weight from my scale and my runs from MapMyRun. Plus I think it is easier to log.
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    App Mostly. Website is better for creating recipes. The app is better for entering items you eat regularly. It also lists items you frequently eat with that item. For instance If I enter Sirloin, it will recommend the sides I frequently have with my steak.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the functionality is different enough between the two that I find it necessary to use both. And sometimes things break temporarily on one but not the other :smile:
  • laceybrobie
    Options
    I agree. I prefer to use the App to log my foods etc, but I like the Website for the forums and using my profile to track my goals etc. I wish you could get to that profile section from your phone.
  • jayden14us
    jayden14us Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    jeffrey_ad wrote: »
    I mostly use the app and occasionally the website. The app syncs my weight from my scale and my runs from MapMyRun. Plus I think it is easier to log.

Hey jefferey how do you like the MapMyRun app? Just downloaded it
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I mostly use the website but occasionally use the app. It's probably a 70/30 split for me.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    App for logging and weekly weigh in

Website for... this
  • laceybrobie
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    App for logging and weekly weigh in

Website for... this

Agree - Website is so much easier for the message boards.
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Website. I don't even have the app installed on my phone.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Other than just convenience (because the phone is pretty much always with me, but the laptop isn't), about the only thing I prefer the app for is logging foods/meals/recipes that I've logged before, because the app will search automatically, as opposed to my having to scroll through the "recent" or "frequent" or "meal" or "recipe" tabs looking for what I want.

Lots of things are pretty much equal in terms of ease on the app and the website.

Like others have said, the website is much better for the discussion forums. It also is easier to copy meals on the website (the app only allows you to copy "to," not copy "from" and it also has a much more limited date range within which you can copy a meal. I find the website a little easier for creating a recipe, but I suspect that at least part of that is just greater familiarity.
  • jeffrey_ad
    Options
    jayden14us wrote: »
    jeffrey_ad wrote: »

Hey jefferey how do you like the MapMyRun app? Just downloaded it

I like MapMyRun. I’ve used it for about 10 years (prior to even being able to track my runs on my phone, I remember estimating distances on the website). I do think it overestimates calories, but I try to compensate for that.

• jeffrey_ad
    Options
    I also like the app being able to scan foods when logging or creating recipes, but there is nothing worse than going to the trouble of scanning a bunch of items in a recipe and then accidentally hitting the back arrow and losing everything. I haven’t actually tried creating recipes on the website.