Options
Jerrypeoples
Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
what a pain in the *kitten*

found my credit union checking account was hit for close to $800 from

Juicycoture.com
Milanoo.com
Nordstrums.com

The juicy had made it through and was paid so i had to file a police report. the other two were still pending so my bank said there was nothing they could do until it was processed. Thankfully, the other two companies were able to cancel the orders and refund my money (took about two weeks).

I had to have my card canceled, file paper work with the bank, file a police report, go back to police station to get a copy of my report (of which they charged me $15 for it {i was madder about that than my account being comprimised]), spend about 2 hours on the phone and online trying to get this all straightened out.

thankfully all is back to normal now.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Not really, but someone I know did get a nice tax return last year before he even filed his taxes. Apparently someone used his SSN to file theirs. I don't think he was too unhappy.
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Twice!!!

Once, somebody tried to buy $8,000 worth of computers online. So, my credit card company put a hold on the card and called me. Another time, it was two small purchases that put u a red flag because they were far from where I live. So, again, a hold was put on the account. It really is a pain. I had to change all of my automatic pay accounts, etc.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    That sucks