TMI - hemorrhoids & working out

Options
Yivs_87
Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
Hi all,

First of all, sorry for the TMI and the topic of hemorrhoids, I searched through the forums (and not only here), I've read so many articles that now I'm a bit confused, so I'd like to hear from people who have experience with that.

I will be visiting a doctor, but as we are in the week after Easter, followed by a few national holidays, it seems that everyone has taken a holiday and the earliest I'll be able to go is next week :/

Yesterday, I got to experience my first hemorrhoids inflammation. I've been having minor internal ones for a few months, but they had got much better the past month or so since I started eating better and working out. And then yesterday morning I ended up with an inflamed external one (it has disappeared right now or it has simply flattened out for the time being, and it's not bothering me at all). Treatments are clear, both with home remedies, OTCs and the course of action if those do not help.

What I cannot figure out is whether I can workout. Some articles are claiming that exercise is vital for helping those issues, while at the same time saying no lifting heavy weight (without defining what they consider heavy). I also came across a few articles and forum posts calling for complete rest for a week or so after getting inflamed hemorrhoids.

I've incorporated relatively light lifting in my workouts. I've been doing Strong Curves (just moved into the second month), but I'm doing those with very light (in my opinion) weights (dumbbells are 6kg, machines are around 20-30kgs, deadlifts,etc. with hardly 15kgs) and/or body weight.

So, I'm lost what to do.

Do I continue with only cardio?
Do I continue with my light Strong Curves routine? (with a lot of glute exercises and squatting)
Do I fully rest?

Please share your experience.

Replies

• koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Did you ever find out answers to your questions? I would also like to know... 😥