Summer goal

Options
Hi everyone!! I’m a long time member but have plataued severely since beginning college last fall! The freshman 10 was no joke!! I’m leaving school in a week and return in late August, giving me about 16 weeks to lose the 20 pounds i want to lose total (currently weighing in at 155 but my happiest, most satisfying weight was 135. I love my athetic curvy body but carrying this extra weight is NOT lovable for me). This would mean 1.25 pounds per week. Im starting this thread in case anyone has similar goals, or wants to keep me in check in the coming weeks ;)

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I really don't want to burst your bubble but losing 1.25 pounds a week, every week, for the next 16 weeks is unrealistic and too restrictive. If you do lose the weight, there is every likelihood that it will all be gained back once you go back to college. You need to look at healthy changes you can make for life and look way beyond those 16 weeks. At your weight, you really would have much more long term success with losing only 1/5 pound a week, although 1 pound a week, to begin with, is still quite a healthy and realistic loss.
    Don't 'diet'. Look at where you can make changes to reduce your calories that you know will be sustainable once you go back to college. It could be as simple as substituting soda with water, or a couple of cookies with a piece of fruit. It could be that you eat slightly less of what you are eating but still eating the same foods. You could up your veggie intake, while reducing your refined carbs.