Macros

Options
Jadu786
Jadu786 Posts: 141 Member
I've been tracking my macros a little - trying to increase protein and decrease carbs - weight has gone down a few pounds..I am hoping I can lose 8 lbs by September..

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight, you need to make sure you are in a calorie deficit.

Whether or not 8 lb. loss in 5 months is feasible for you depends on your stats. If that is the last 8 pounds you have to lose, you would want to set MFP to a 0.5 lb/week rate of loss, and keep in mind that you will not consistently see the scale go down every week.
  • vggb
    vggb Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That's a reasonable goal and doable. I've been on MFP since Oct 31, 2018 and have lost 11lbs. I have started to watch my macros about 2 months ago, just learning the ins and outs of the site and a more accountable diet way. For me, not being in a rush to lose a ton of weight right away has been good and a new mind set.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Just remember calories are king. You have to stay in a calorie deficit first and then eat enough protein
  • Jadu786
    Jadu786 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    Just remember calories are king. You have to stay in a calorie deficit first and then eat enough protein

Yes that is very true
  • jonaseva5252
    jonaseva5252 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »

you're right man.