Gained weight due to depression

88anali
88anali Posts: 3 Member
Hi everyone, I gained some weight due to depression and I’m looking for a support system.

Replies

• oceanlife2029
    oceanlife2029 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi there! Same here. Hoping that this app will help me hold myself accountable but friends would certainly help me as well.
  • joedavidlopez2020
    joedavidlopez2020 Posts: 2 Member
    Yikes I’ve been seeing that number on the scale keep going up each time I step on it. I’ve lost weight before without any help, but finding it difficult to get back into that frame of mind.
  • PacificLotus
    PacificLotus Posts: 83 Member
    Same boat here. After a few years at a decent weight, depression led to gaining and then the antidepressant helped to pile on even more. Eating a ton might also have had something to do with that. 😋 Sending requests to all 3 of you.
  • loganbrown598
    loganbrown598 Posts: 2 Member
    I've been there before but my weight isnt due to depression it's just being lazy and over eating
  • Missy1316
    Missy1316 Posts: 15 Member
    I can really relate to this. It's so hard to get in the right frame of mind because of it. Feel free to add me to. Best of luck on your journey!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Was it the depression that made you overweight, or was it eating too much that made you overweight?

I find that it is more successful to concentrate on the overeating side of the equation because this disempowers the depression and gives me more control over my eating. I learnt other ways of dealing with depression rather than with food. It just happened to be walking instead.

This approach with thinking may not work for everyone but how we think about a situation can determine our success. Now I just wish I could kick depression to the curb so I didn't have to deal with it at all.
  • mcalvo141
    mcalvo141 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! Me too. Struggling hard with PPD. Feel free to add me! I could use all the motivation there is.