Intermittent fasting

Options
Hello,
I just started intermittent fasting because I've been doing a lot of research about it and I'm seeing a lot of people having great success with losing weight and feeling better! there are many YouTube videos about it.
Everyone pretty much are having great success by fasting.
So, I am giving it a try! wish me luck.
I AM ON MY 3RD DAY of 16/8 fasting but I try to do more hours if I can.

I am disabled and pretty much can not work out like many.. I do light walking, if it's a good day for me or dance I around the house while I clean.

So, figured It doesn't hurt to try to fast! After all free..sand your not eating so your saving money in groceries 😁

SO, WHO WANTS TO JOIN ME?

If you do intermittent fasting can you tell me your success story and how is is going for you thanks

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Visit our Intermittent Fasting group here at MFP and you’ll have many joining you. Hope to see you there. Thanks
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Good luck with IF. It's an effective tool for some people to make it easier to stick to their calorie targets.

One bit of a misconception in your post is that you'll save money on groceries. IF is just an eating pattern and doesn't mean you're eating less food than other methods. It's just that you're eating all, or the majority of your calories within a specific time frame rather than over the course of he day. The amount of food (total calories consumed) remains the same.

So (using made up numbers) rather than eating a $5 breakfast at 7am, $3 snack at 10am, $5 lunch 12pm, $2 snack 3pm and $10 dinner at 6pm. You're saving all that food up and eating $25 worth of food after 8pm.
  • KrystalGayle08
    KrystalGayle08 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the IF community! I follow 18:6 for just a few weeks now and I love it. It makes me feel so in control. I would have to agree that yes you will save in groceries because I have. I no longer snack at night because I’m determined to stick to my fasting so I’m saving money there for sure! Join the intermittent fasting group. It is great. Lots of videos and info and shared stories. Also feel free to send me a friend request. Love having like minded friends to help motivate me and likewise :) good luck on your journey to great health!