Arm fat and 24lbs (11kg) in a month

I don't have much arm fat but I do notice that they are quite large. Is there any way to slim them down? Also, has anyone here lost 24lbs (11kg) in a month? I'm thinking about trying to achieve that goal but it's probably near impossible.

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    You can't spot reduce.

Unless you have an exorbitant amount of weight to lose, a much more realistic goal would be 2lbs per week, so more like 8lbs in a month.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    First you can't spot reduce fat, it will come off in time according to your genetics. Unless you are extremely obese, I would not recommend that kind of weight loss, unless you are under a doctor's supervision. What are your stats?

Also if I'm not mistaken didn't you post recently about having issues with binging? Super quick weight loss and cuts in calories will definitely make your binging much much worse so please think about that.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,585 Member
    edited May 2019
    Great idea if you're starting at above 600 lbs of weight and can create a 2800 Cal per day deficit while still eating the minimum a 600lb person should. And a month with 31 days would be helpful.

There's a show about that.

Most participants of the show do not manage to maintain their weight loss long term.

Or you could choose to apply a reasonable deficit which I would personally consider to be no more than 20% of your TDEE (25% while obese)

You will lose weight. You may learn some things about yourself. You may even keep the weight off long-term.

There is no timeline and no end date.

P.S. exercise and strength training help too!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Hi @Honeyacid - I've seen a few of your posts that seem to be looking for a quick answer. Heavens knows I understand! However, you'll do better if you relax a bit, get consistent and find a reasonable deficit that you can live with. As suggested above maybe start with 1lb a week unless you have a lot to lose then up to 2lbs/wk (more than 50 at least). You can always adjust as you go. MFP is littered with sad stories of extreme attempts followed by gaining even more or just disappearing and giving up. It doesn't have to be so hard. All the best.