OA support ballet shoes?

Options
Nerys52
Nerys52 Posts: 86 Member
I do at home exercises. At the moment just on bare feet. I have Osteoarthritis allover and also balance issues. I am heart failure patient and have some water retention feet swelling but managed to reduce it quite a bit after my latest flu.
Regular gym shoes is not an option for me . So I was thinking ballet shoes. Ballet shoes with some grip on footsole and a fabric that expands stretches a bit as swelling of feet varies.Also some support for my feet as due to OA.Is there something for added ankle support ? Does something like I describe even exist? Does anyone know a brand or online shop?

Replies

• Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    What you're describing sounds like a jazz bootie. You can get them with a full sole or a split-sole (gripping only on the ball and heel), they lace up like a tennis shoe, and they come in leather or canvas. There are several discount dance outlets online that you could google and compare different prices and brands. All About Dance and Discount Dance Supply are 2 that come to mind. Good luck. OA sucks.
  • Nerys52
    Options
    Thank you, will go search now.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    It wouldn't be a fashion statement but wrestling shoes have a non-slip sole and are high tops. They usually have a nylon/synthetic upper so probably more give than leather.

oyjoi50j4r45.png

• Nerys52
    Options
    Will look at those also, thanks.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Ballet shoes do not offer support and the leather on the bottom is not grippy. You might like wrestling shoes or jazz botties, or even something like a Nike free(I think they might make a high-top option)