Smoothies or shakes recipes for weight loss (fat burning)

GxbbyLatina
GxbbyLatina Posts: 12 Member
Does anyone have smoothie or shakes recipes? I love the taste of chocolate but i’ll try any shakes or smoothies that can keep me full but also that help with fat burn... 🙂

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    No such things...my advice. . Eat your nutrition.
  • SteroidalLolita
    SteroidalLolita Posts: 122 Member
    I usually have a smoothie for breakfast, but I definitely wouldn't rely on them for fat burning. Mostly I just make them because I'm never hungry in the morning and they go down easy. I do a cup of strawberries cut in half and a banana with a half cup of plain greek yogurt. Add a half-cup full of ice and the same amount of water and you're good to go.
  • ma2007pmc
    ma2007pmc Posts: 58 Member
    The only way to lose weight is to count your calories and exercise. There is no magic Food, Magic pill or magic drink that is going to help you do that.
  • nathalie_laurent60
    nathalie_laurent60 Posts: 3 Member
    You want to look at your caloric deficit like ^^^ said. But you wanna be easy on the fruits. Your smoothies really should be mostly greens too much of the fruits add too much sugar and opt for unsweetened milk if you can (I like vanilla almond milk too much lol)
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    You want to look at your caloric deficit like ^^^ said. But you wanna be easy on the fruits. Your smoothies really should be mostly greens too much of the fruits add too much sugar and opt for unsweetened milk if you can (I like vanilla almond milk too much lol)

If weight loss is all about creating a caloric deficit (it is) then what's your logic in being "easy on the fruits" and the idea that "smoothies really should be mostly greens"? If a smoothie made primarily or entirely of fruit fit's in your calorie allotment then there should be no worries.
  • floraroma22
    floraroma22 Posts: 1 Member
    I am doing low carb , I make a mid day smoothie with Atkins chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup 2% milk, 1/2 tbsp of cream cheese , splash of coffee, then about a cup of ice - low calories, low carbs, looks like a milkshake- very filling and energizing to keep you moving therefore burning calories
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    aokoye wrote: »

If weight loss is all about creating a caloric deficit (it is) then what's your logic in being "easy on the fruits" and the idea that "smoothies really should be mostly greens"? If a smoothie made primarily or entirely of fruit fit's in your calorie allotment then there should be no worries.

I think its because greens tend to be more filling for longer. But that might just be my opinion. :)
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »

I think its because greens tend to be more filling for longer. But that might just be my opinion. :)

I think her logic is that there's more sugar in fruit than there is in greens, hence the " fruits add too much sugar and opt for unsweetened milk if you can". Sugar isn't bad.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Does anyone have smoothie or shakes recipes? I love the taste of chocolate but i’ll try any shakes or smoothies that can keep me full but also that help with fat burn... 🙂

Protein, fiber and fat are filling components, but they vary by individual. I can't guess what keeps you full.

Fat burning is taking in fewer calories than your maintenance......period. Look up your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) aka maintenance estimate, and eat fewer calories than that on a consistent basis.

There are no (legal or "magic" ) fat burners.
  • axleo7
    axleo7 Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2019
    Optimum Nutrition is out in woolies, they have a chocolate protein smoothie and an option to put less water to make it like a "mudslide" dessert. 🤤🤤