Lost 88.2 lbs, What to Do Next?

Before i start these are my stats : 24M / 5’11 / 154.3 lbs / current program: 5 day PPL

Pictures 242.5 lbs : https://imgur.com/a/PZklAb3 11

Pictures 154.3 lbs : https://imgur.com/a/EiDa7Yt 12

I started my journey on the 14th of June 2018 my starting weight was 242.5 lbs im your typical guy that tried to lose weight for years, 7 years to be exact. And one day it somehow clicked i started a crash diet for the first 4/5 months also did allot of cardio and resistance training. Weight was flying off at a rapid rate. Since i was on such low calories i developed a binge eating disorder. My fatloss stalled and i even gained weight, after doing allot of research and asking around i upped my calories and continued my journey. And here we are almost one year later i was obese and now im skinny-fat i feel defeated all i wanted is to build muscle and look bigger not look like this.

My family is afraid im developing anorexia since im getting too “skinny” i did not wanted to get too “skinny” all i wanted is to get to a low body fatpercentage so i can clearly see my muscles. Right now im eating between 2300 / 2000 calories a day, i train 5 times per week and also do jogging in the weekend i lose around 2lbs per week (im still losing weight).

My question to you guys is should i continue to lose fat and drop below 150lbs? or should i start a lean bulk? If so how should i do this?

Thank you for taking the time reading my post!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Lean bulk or recomp? Find a hypertrophy program and follow it.
  • Mihawk0182
    Mihawk0182 Posts: 4 Member
    Lean bulk or recomp? Find a hypertrophy program and follow it.

So i should start eating more, im scared to eat more to be honest since my belly is still there and it might get bigger after a bulk..
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,546 Member
    edited May 2019
    Time to stop losing for a bit. Try out some time at maintenance.

Doesn't mean you have to switch to gaining.

Given your history I would actually avoid a deliberate bulk.

It's one thing if your weight drifts up a tiny bit at maintenance while you build strength

It's another (given history) to be trying to *actively* GAIN weight.

My thought given your age? Recomp using a proven strength training program.

Weight trend goal (using weight trend app) of stable to 5ish/10ish lbs up of where you are today--in a year+, not a few months
  • lafilledelarue
    lafilledelarue Posts: 66 Member
    1. I would encourage you to research a low-carb or keto way of eating/living. Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt's website comes to mind.
    2. I would suggest researching and trying a 12-Step Program to help you get on a path of recovery from binge eating/compulsive overeating/restricting [a.k.a. anorexia]. Overeaters Anonymous comes to mind.

Wishing you well.