Boditrax any good?

Options
bex220712
bex220712 Posts: 17 Member
edited May 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi I was wondering if I could have your opinion on the boditrax machines in the gym? I weigh weekly on them as it's easier as already there. I'm losing weight but my home scales say am more than I am on the boditrax? Which one is correct?

Replies

• lisajanewalker717
    lisajanewalker717 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would stick to one set of scales and measure your progress that way regardless of which one is correct.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Either could be correct, both could also be incorrect.

Unless you take your scales to the gym you also aren't getting a genuine comparison as your weight varies throughout the day and you may not be wearing the same clothes/no clothes.

Price doesn't guarantee accuracy either - I had a 2lb difference between two sets of home scales and when I tested them against a calibrated scale in a sports science lab it was the inexpensive ones that were spot on.

As for the rest of info the Boditrax gives I find it one of the better BIA devices but of course still susceptible to the usual limitations around hydration levels etc..

You get pretty graphs with the Boditrax! :smiley:

• bex220712
    bex220712 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh same time of day and week on boditrax. Also same gym clothes. My home scales are different weights when moved around house lol so that's why started using gym ones when am already there lol.