Starting over.

Akmauser
Akmauser Posts: 51 Member
Lost 65 pounds and was down to 215. The got an awesome job (was a seasonal contract) that not only paid great but also had a free keg on tap for end of day. They also bought pizza 2-3 times a week. With that being said it was difficult to keep the weight off.

Starting over today but this time instead of being intense and losing 2-3 pounds a week the goal is only 1.5 pounds on average per week. I am going to take my time rather than being in a rush and burning out.

I had a great routine until that job and apparently got to the point that I was so busy and having so much fun with everything that I let everything slip.

Replies

• pardekooper
    pardekooper Posts: 1 Member
    Good luck...I’m trying to increase my activity. Down 10 pounds from last month. I can’t fail this time. I’m sad. Are you?
  • Akmauser
    Akmauser Posts: 51 Member
    Not sad. Just disappointed in myself because I was doing so well for so long, but ultimately burned myself out. This time it is going to be steady with a day off every week since last time had maybe one day off every 4-8 weeks. Another issue is activity as well. Went from having a very active job with 7-10 miles of walking a day along with heavy lifting to nothing. I was unable to adjust this last winter to a reduced calorie intake.
  • schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    J need to get ba k on track myself. I have more of an office job now and again faster then I was losing before in tenfold lol. Time to do something, I feel just miserable.
  • NewLuna
    NewLuna Posts: 23 Member
    Me too . . . starting over again. Been six years and gained it back. Lost 70 the last time, I CAN do this again. Looking for friends to keep me focused and to share. So friend me if you are starting over again.
  • Dhhfit
    Dhhfit Posts: 1 Member
    I am starting over today. I plan to meal prep and focus on meal prepping this week. Drink a gallon of water and do classes at the local gym daily.
  • mandolinn222
    mandolinn222 Posts: 5 Member
    Right on man good luck! I am on my fourth year of "stuck at this weight" lol that beer and pizza are rough
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Akmauser wrote: »
    Lost 65 pounds and was down to 215. The got an awesome job (was a seasonal contract) that not only paid great but also had a free keg on tap for end of day. They also bought pizza 2-3 times a week. With that being said it was difficult to keep the weight off.

Starting over today but this time instead of being intense and losing 2-3 pounds a week the goal is only 1.5 pounds on average per week. I am going to take my time rather than being in a rush and burning out.

I had a great routine until that job and apparently got to the point that I was so busy and having so much fun with everything that I let everything slip.

Welcome back and good idea to take your time. I'd add - you are NOT starting over! You know so much more now than you did then, you have a decided advantage :smiley:
  • bonestm
    bonestm Posts: 28 Member
    Started over too in Mid March, after being slapped in the face with an A1C of 7.2 . Taking my time too. No more extremes for me. Just following a simple plan for now.
    • No added sugars
    • Limit Natural Sugars and simple carbs
    • Portion Control and staying under Calorie limits when possible
    • Staying as active as possible (eat quick and take Lunch time strolls)

Easy weight is now gone.. Here comes the tough weight.

Good Luck!! We can do whatever we set our minds too!
  • NewLuna
    NewLuna Posts: 23 Member
    bonestm wrote: »
    Started over too in Mid March, after being slapped in the face with an A1C of 7.2 . Taking my time too. No more extremes for me. Just following a simple plan for now.
    • No added sugars
    • Limit Natural Sugars and simple carbs
    • Portion Control and staying under Calorie limits when possible
    • Staying as active as possible (eat quick and take Lunch time strolls)

Easy weight is now gone.. Here comes the tough weight.

Must admit, I didn't know what A1C was. Definitely something I should have known. I have a brother that is diabetic. Glad to hear you are jumping on this.
    I am in so much the learning stage. Presently culling out the sugars. Geez, I had no idea sugar was in everything.