It's a little tricky not being a santa claus type,,,

Options
CasperO
CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
I recently had something interesting happen in my world as a result of my fitness efforts. Here's the story.

I work with a married couple. Nice people, friendly. My wife and I have been to their house several times for picnics and to play music etc. etc. We know their kids. Just wonderful folks, love them to death. Neither of them is overweight.

I've always had a playful little flirtation with the lady of this couple. It's been ongoing for years and nobody has ever had a problem with it. I was raised in the south by doting women - I adore women and I'm an insufferable charmer and flirt. I mean nothing by it,,, there's no sexual component to it,,, if one of the women I flirt with ever actually tried to seduce me I'd run terrified to my wife and hide behind her skirt,,,:laugh: . The guy of this couple is a stiff yankee country boy and has never flirted with my wife, much to her chagrin.

So a couple days ago I went to the main office where this couple both work. I was there, doing my thing and getting some things I needed and talking to this dear lady friend. Her hubs walked in,,, and maybe it's all in my head (I don't think so), but I swear I think I picked up just a hint of jealousy/hostility!?!?! I defused it pretty quickly by turning the convo to a favored topic, but I know what I felt for a minute there.

When I was a jolly santa claus with a big belly and the sex appeal of a wildebeest, this was never an issue. Now that I'm a little trimmer I find that I'm not always treated with the same friendly dismisal that I used to enjoy. I'm even being a little careful with this stuff now. I've been meeting hostility since about the time the 32 waist jeans started fitting.

Interesting stuff - anybody got a similar experience,,, especially guys?

Replies

• la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My husband is suddenly over protective of me and it drives me nuts. He constantly thinks people- men- are interested. I am not and that is all that matters
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    yup, I am told that "every guy there is gonna be staring at you if you wear that".
    My response.."so, let them. who cares!"

In your case though, perhaps you could ease up on the flirtatious attitude around this particular female friend if it bothers her husband. Out of respect for your friendship. you don't want them to end up fighting about it and ruin their relationship. If that happened you would probably feel horrible!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I wasn't flirting, I was just chatting worky stuff. Just me talking to her did it. Wow,,,

They'd never fight about this stuff,,, they're a rock solid couple of a couple decades - as are my wife and I. It's just a wierd new dynamic that's taking some getting used to.